What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

GreginND

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eating from the garden series . . . Lots of veggies coming in now:

Homemade pasta with a fresh cherry tomato, zucchini and basil sauce.

Roasted yellow beets, carrots and onions along with some blistered Shishito peppers seasoned with salt and lemon. YUM!

Eggplant and green bean curry.

Yellow, white and purple/gold new potatoes slow cooked with onions and green beans with a fresh made garlic bread sticks. Also served with one of my favorite local ciders.

Red beet and potato curry.

bstnh1

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Eating from the garden series . . . Lots of veggies coming in now:

Homemade pasta with a fresh cherry tomato, zucchini and basil sauce.

Roasted yellow beets, carrots and onions along with some blistered Shishito peppers seasoned with salt and lemon. YUM!

Eggplant and green bean curry.

Yellow, white and purple/gold new potatoes slow cooked with onions and green beans with a fresh made garlic bread sticks. Also served with one of my favorite local ciders.

Red beet and potato curry.

I've managed to get plenty of tomatoes, peppers, cukes , kale, zucchini and summer squash. But the groundhogs (since relocated!) beat me to the beets, cabbage and most of the yellow beans. If you want a great tomatoes with the old fashioned tomato flavor, try Ramapo - seeds available from Rutgers in New Jersey.

https://breeding.rutgers.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/RutgersNJAES-tomato-seeds-order-form-2021-fillable-v3.pdf

Some of this years crop.

1628535789643.png

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
We enjoyed grilled halibut with a cilantro-based salsa verde; we also had Swiss chard, but I sautéed/braised the leaves, while separately I grilled the ribs (served with Grana Padano); grilled slices of potato with rosemary, garlic, and EVOO; grilled green beans and onions; and a nice salad (not shown) with GARLICKY creamy dressing. Grilled peaches for dessert. Washed down with (believe it or not) a Carlo Rossi Chablis poured from a Mason jar!

IMG_2308.JPG

Sage

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
The cook said fresh walleye, and don't be late!

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
From late last night at a rural location in Jarabacoa, DR. At a friend’s house in the mountains.