What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh..surprised the wheels aren't more substantial. Betcha I could have done about 20 of these beef ribs in that offset smoker!

Beef back ribs from Wegmans, a bit pricey ($4.99/lb), but you only live once! Wifey and I get to split the rack (about 2 lbs each, wrapped and froze the other slab).

Yum!

6-6-21_beef-ribs.JPG

This was yesterday. Lunch was the salmon salad, with leftover salmon from upthread. My contribution to dinner was the pork ribs: I used a premixed applewood seasoning salt (from a little local Amish store) that hit the ball out of the park! I will have to buy some of that before returning home!

IMG_1918.JPGIMG_1917.JPGIMG_1919.JPG

Giving these a try tonight on the gasser more than likely since we have thunder and lightening and even some rain showers ATM.

View attachment 75287
I've had those before, definitely worth the money! Better when on fire sale and not grey in color, lol.

I think my beef ribs had more fat than I thought. They are very rich in flavor, so smaller is better, right?

At least I got to hear the Phils win a game (against Boatboy's Nats) while I was staking/caging up the mater plants in the back yard. Hot day, but cold beer(s) can alleviate that issue, I've heard (never tried one).

6-6-21_beef-ribs-2.JPG

I've had those before, definitely worth the money! Better when on fire sale and not grey in color, lol.

I think my beef ribs had more fat than I thought. They are very rich in flavor, so smaller is better, right?

At least I got to hear the Phils win a game (against Boatboy's Nats) while I was staking/caging up the mater plants in the back yard. Hot day, but cold beer(s) can alleviate that issue, I've heard (never tried one).

View attachment 75291
Are you sure those ribs are done???

Are you sure those ribs are done???
I had three of them, my wife 2, we actually had leftovers! They were incredibly tender and rich. I left the back tough connecting tissue on them as they would fall apart while cooking if I didn't. Just wonder what the dog would do with one of those bones, probably choke on it...

Got to use my Meater Thermometer again yesterday. Smoked package of pork country ribs. Brined them for about 6 hours, applied rub and smoked them wrapped in Bacon at 275. Two hours to get to165 - removed bacon to save for eggs and bacon this morning. (Reallygood). Cut up pork for street tacos. Delicious. Sorry forgot to take pics. Meater saved me lots of trips to smoker to check on.

Back