What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife is off to NH for the weekend.
I am with my kids all weekend.
Which means Friday will be MCD for them. Burritos and Dragon Blood for me!

Sat is Pizza and what ever bottle of red wine I can find in the basement!

Once again, who eats better than me?????

Not us! Because we NEVER eat fast food. LOL! Good home cooked meals every single night.

Sammy-when the is Wife not home I dont cook!

but I may grill some sausage & dogs for lunch!

Elmer that is probably more healthy for them, if they are all beef hot dogs. We use our grill about 10 months out of the year, yes, even in the winter.
Our daughters loved Spaghettio 's and that kind of garbage. They only got them occasionally while we gagged. Our 40 year old daughter still eats them, she works 60 to 80 hours a week and does not ever cook. In fact she would be hard pressed to find her way around the kitchen.

Sammy, I agree with you!
I try to make it as healthy as possible, as does my wife (who is down 100lbs due to healthy stuff)
However, on a friday after a long week, sometime you got to indulge!

How do you cook a steak for those other 2 months?
I use my grill 12 months out of the year. Up here in the great white Northeast, you can find me in the middle of January or Feb, Grilling steaks, standing in a snow bank, beer in hand!

In the winter it is a lot of home made soups, stews, chili, lasagna and other family favorites. We cook steak and salmon, chops, chicken on the grill in the winter. Our winters here are generally mild and snow is rare and fall is generally our rainy season. Little While we don't grill out every night, it would be 9 to 10 months solid months a year.

OK my AC adapter finally come in the mail today so Im back up and not on my phone. This is what we have had for dinner the last couple of night.

Chicken&Dumplings
Chicanddump.jpg

Chickanddump2.jpg

chicndump.jpg

Ribeye Steak Night!! Dont ask me how that butter stayed on that corn because it was hot!! :) stayed just long enough for me to shoot the picture! I love a good steak!!

008-2.jpg

Tess I am bringing myself and my kids over for a good meal!
No more of this fast food crap!!!!

I cook every night. Even when I have to work which is only a couple days a week :) I toss something in the crockpot

I agree with you tess, i cook almost every night also, and the night I dont cook i eat left overs from the night are two nights before...No fast food in about 15 years. I eat what i like not whats healthy...but I still dont eat fast, boxed,packaged food.

we do have a take out Pizza from our favorite Pizza place from time to time. When we go out on vacation and special occasion I get taken to a nice restaurant for dinner but for the most past we eat mostly at home.
I have a weakness in the summer and fall to go to the local fairs for handmade corn dogs :) We are going to one tomorrow night as a matter of fact. He will get the smoked BBQ dinner and I will get a corn dog...Livin large!!! :) we are set in our ways!!

I figure, I drink whiskey,and wine, smoke a little weed,eat the fat on a steak, and dip french fries in mayonaise...I had to give up something.......might as well be fast food.

jamesngalveston said:
I figure, I drink whiskey,and wine, smoke a little weed,eat the fat on a steak, and dip french fries in mayonaise...I had to give up something.......might as well be fast food.

Damn James, we may have been separated at birth!
Except I still enjoy a good fast food burrito!

Because of my Celiac's Disease we cook our food at home every day. And because I can't eat at fast food restaurants - when we go out for dinner, its a GOOD dinner :)

We are so much more healthy because of it too. Plus, nothing tastes as good as made from scratch. We have people who sniff around our lunches (leftovers) every day asking what I made last night :)

If we do go out to dinner and it is rare, it is a good quality restaurant. We worry to much about "unsafe" food and food handlers.

Home made Swiss steak mashed red potatos with skins and home made yeast rolls
023-2.jpg

Desert!! Nuff said!!
541.jpg

Latest posts

Back