What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still OT ... fridge is being installed right now. I firmly believe that architects should have a minimum of 1 year of delivering furniture before being allowed to design a house. Getting the fridge in the kitchen was a pretty good magic trick.

We found much the same problem looking to purchase a new range to replace our POS LG. After months of pouring over reviews from all the big box stores and even making an excel spreadsheet that contained a breakdown for each one with as far as % recommend .......
FYI; we got a new gas oven just after thanksgiving, the convection bake is my wife’s favorite add on,, the air fryer has burnt edges on stuff

They had to remove the doors on our new Samsung fridge with French doors to get it into our kitchen about 8 years back. One entry point is 30" and the other is 30.75".......

I firmly believe that architects should have a minimum of 1 year of delivering furniture before being allowed to design a house. Getting the fridge in the kitchen was a pretty good magic trick.

Yea, I read the reviews on the "air fryer" in this oven. They were not good. I have no plans on using it as an air fryer ever. I have a very good counter top air fryer that we use on occasion and that works very well and I can toss the basket etc. right into the dishwasher for easy cleanup.

FYI; we got a new gas oven just after thanksgiving, the convection bake is my wife’s favorite add on,, the air fryer has burnt edges on stuff

Friday night.......

Meat free Lent dinner night! Guess who watched Stanley Tucci last night! LOL

Pizza Margherita made with Ho-made sourdough crust, San Marzano tomato sauce, fresh mutz, fresh basil, EVOO and then fresh grated parm on top when it was pulled from the POS LG oven.

1615598650896.jpeg

1615598667057.jpeg

Ho-made shrimp fra diavolo (hot pepper, aleppo pepper, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, onions...) served over linguine; sauteed spinach with garlic, EVOO, and lemon; and for you pacifists out there: Visualize whorled peas (with heavy cream and cilantro).

C5DA00F7-7C53-417C-8E6F-134DE445581B.jpegEFDCC453-ADE0-419A-82C1-70E5F2D5F16C.jpeg

Yesterday morning our new fridge was delivered. YAYYY! In the afternoon, the wife & I looked at each other and agreed we didn't feel like cooking, which is odd for us. We also agreed to get takeout from Texas Roadhouse, and I enjoyed the 1000 Stories Zinfandel with a NY Strip, mushrooms, and baked sweet potato.

Today I was informed that I was making chicken breast for dinner. Cool. I got out my last bottle of 2016 Chocolate Orange Port and made scaloppini. I didn't have much wine left and wanted to continue the theme, so I broke out a bottle of 2018 Coffee Port. It's not a typical dinner wine, but tonight it fit the bill!

winebottles.jpg

Grill time! First of the season. I do not have @Boatboy24 's dedication nor his skilz!

Mushroom caps (soy, sesame oil); grilled eggplant (Za'atar, garlic, lemon, EVOO); grilled asparagus (parm); dried lima beans (instapot, with cilantro, chipotle, sage); grilled grass-fed ribeye (brined, marinated in garlic and EVOO).

IMG_1585.JPGIMG_1588.JPGIMG_1590.JPGIMG_1594.JPG

Back