What's for Dinner?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Got an I-Kamand 2 for Christmas but it was for a Classic rather than a Big Joe. The only difference is the mounting bracket which I had to order to fit the Big Joe. Put a pork shoulder in at 5:00 this morning and hung around till 8:00 to make sure everything was working OK . Now I'm monitoring everything from my phone at my shop while making labels for the 2019 wines.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You know the rules here!

Got an I-Kamand 2 for Christmas but it was for a Classic rather than a Big Joe. The only difference is the mounting bracket which I had to order to fit the Big Joe. Put a pork shoulder in at 5:00 this morning and hung around till 8:00 to make sure everything was working OK .

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Freezer diving here as well. A prime NY Strip for me, filet for the wife, and a teriyaki boneless skinless chicken breast for the kiddos. Baby red taters in the oven and grilled 'gus that was marinated in EVOO, red wine vinegar, S&P, oregano, parsley and thyme.

1611538894299.jpeg

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
You know the rules here!
Guess what, I forgot to take pics. Oh well, probably was lying about it so here's what I'll make up:

6.5 lb shoulder smoked at an average of 230 for 11 hours with apple and cherry chunks. Got it to 190 but the charcoal starting to die. Should probably have left it a little longer, it tasted good just a little tough.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So Pork Butt is a cut that turns out really well still at higher cook temps. Next time crank it up to 275 which will cut your cook time way down and make sure to leave it till it reaches at least 200-205F IT.

Guess what, I forgot to take pics. Oh well, probably was lying about it so here's what I'll make up:

6.5 lb shoulder smoked at an average of 230 for 11 hours with apple and cherry chunks. Got it to 190 but the charcoal starting to die. Should probably have left it a little longer, it tasted good just a little tough.

GreginND

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This was pho real. Pho is all about the broth and it can be made vegan and delicious. It takes a bit of work but it is so worth it. I made a big batch of broth so I can keep some in the freezer for a quicker meal in the future.

Latest posts