What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to post this the other night. Not too fancy, but chicken soup is always delicious when it's homemade.

View attachment 69252

You should try smoking a whole chicken, then boil the carcus to make stock and make the chicken soup out of that. Chicken salad or of the chicken is amazing, also.

Peas with tarragon and butter; escarole with garlic, EVOO, and sherry; and shrimp scampi, after a fashion, with Gulf shrimp from @jamesngalveston's old company, garlic, red pepper, ho-made preserved lemons, white wine, lemon juice, Castelvetrano olives, parsley, Parmigiano-Reggiano, served over angel hair.

62934047684__5792F89A-D831-46EA-B155-E333393BB6B3.JPG62934059029__60EF2B30-877E-4E95-939C-C5AF0930EDF6.JPG

You should try smoking a whole chicken, then boil the carcus to make stock and make the chicken soup out of that. Chicken salad or of the chicken is amazing, also.

That's what started this whole batch of soup (although this one was done on the gas grill).

1607653240459.png

Soon to be dinner. A fellow church member has a husband and son that are really good hunters. I said I'd take a "little" venison burger (also known as Bambi burger) to make some sausages (also known as snausages). Guess I'm gonna be making a lot of sausage, the container weighed in at 15.6 lbs, I'm guessing 14.5 lbs of ground venison.

I think I need some more casings ...

12-10-20_venison.jpg

I've never been able to make it through a whole chicken. I get semi-wasted and hacking by the time I get to the thighs.

You gotta build up tolerance to that. You start with just a thigh and leg, then add a half chicken, then get up to a full one. It's just like winemaking, takes patience, but the result are worth it.

Your also gonna need about 15lbs of pork butt to mix in with it. Trust me on that. Not enough fat in the deer meat to make a decent sausage!

Soon to be dinner. A fellow church member has a husband and son that are really good hunters. I said I'd take a "little" venison burger (also known as Bambi burger) to make some sausages (also known as snausages). Guess I'm gonna be making a lot of sausage, the container weighed in at 15.6 lbs, I'm guessing 14.5 lbs of ground venison.

I think I need some more casings ...

View attachment 69265

Latest posts

Back