What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a consensus recipe for the pizza dough? I just received my Kettle Pizza rig for the Weber.

That's like asking "What's the best way to make wine?". 🤣

Here's one I've been using the most recently, though I've been experimenting with several. This one calls for 00 or All Purpose flour. I'm playing with combinations of the two actually. It's good if you make and use it immediately, but letting it sit for 3 days really makes a difference.

https://www.acouplecooks.com/how-to-make-pizza-dough/
I also really like this sauce. I don't drain it for as long as called for. Try it and reserve the liquid in case you want to add some back.

http://www.thehomepizzeria.com/recipes/san-marzano-tomato-pizza-sauce-recipe/#

Is there a consensus recipe for the pizza dough? I just received my Kettle Pizza rig for the Weber.
Like Jim said, there are as many recipes and methods as there are people. My base one is simple from a pizza book my brother got 20+ years ago...

3/4 cup water (tap is okay as long as no chlorine in it, if so let sit for a while so most of the chlorine dissapates)
1 TBS oil (I use olive oil)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant or active dry yeast (you have to moisten up the active for a few minutes, then add)
2 1/4 cups flour (some use all purpose, I use something with a higher protein content, like bread flour)

Mix by hand or in a mixer with a bread hook for 10 minutes or so, place ball in a proofing container or plastic bag. Throw in the fridge overnight (or up to 3 days), pull out about 3 hours before pizza dough making. Form into a disc, let rest for 10 minutes, pull or roll to desired size and thickness.

Also, I don't add the salt or all the flour, make a wet glob and let sit 15 minutes, then add the salt and the rest of the flour. Supposed to help the gluten chains align or something. Does make for easier dough formation.

How’s the pellet grill working so far?
Geek - I love this thing! I smoked meats for years using a Weber kettle grill but I had to babysit it the entire time. This I set and walk!

Here are the ribs I started at 10am. Eating at 6pm. I’ll have 10 people over for the evening.

A39B10A6-6827-4362-9FA1-6AF038E8ABAD.jpeg

Want to make it rain? Just start your charcoal grill right? Luckily I could just pull my Weber under the Grillin' Gazebo as the rain starts within minutes of starting the fire up.......

Not sure if the Wedge Salad is a Bacon delivery device or a Blue Cheese delivery device or both! Best salad in the free world. Hands down.

fullsizeoutput_4078.jpeg

On to the main course. Smoked Tri-Tip with smoked baked potato and all the usual accoutrement. Pulled at 130F and it topped out at 135 before slicing.

fullsizeoutput_407a.jpeg

IMG_5745.JPG

IMG_5746.JPG

Back to Lean Cuisine and salads tomorrow!

Too hot to do anything. We just had some thinly sliced leftover steak served over spring mix and arugula, with 'maters. Also a side of leftover grill-roasted beet salad with shallots and balsamic vinegar (which I may have described earlier in these annals) but now seasoned with coriander.

How do you safely have 10 people over for dinner during a pandemic?

Asking as I just watched a news piece where a backyard BBQ with 14 guest ended with 11 out of 14 contracting COVID-19.

I’ll have 10 people over for the evening.

Geek - Your exactly right. Was there last January, might be a long time before we will be allowed back there for vacation.

To my knowledge some resorts are open.
I'm actually flying out this Wednesday but mainly to see my mom (she has Alzheimer) and will be there merely for 3 days.

Latest posts

Back