What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit the easy button tonight. Hot but not humid, yet. Had some leftover rosemary I had crushed for a bread I made earlier today. Made up some chicken burgers and grilled zucchini (EVOO, garlic and italian seasoning). Simple yet satisfying. Wifey had some bacon and cheese on hers.

Daughter had a hot dog...as usual.

7-18-20_dinner.jpg

I found some ground lamb on a Kroger Woo-Hoo special, so it was Mediterranean night (again). We enjoyed it.

I made lamb meatballs with Med. spices (oregano, za'atar, thyme, parsley, etc.). Cooked in a cast-iron frying pan on the grill. (Beer can in picture for scale.) It was uncomfortably warm and humid here today -- no need to turn on an oven! Served with tatziki sauce. Had a simple Israeli chopped salad (cucumbers, peppers, red onion, tomatoes, garlic, seasoning, dressed with lemon and EVOO). Also, potatoes on the grill, seasoned with garlic and fresh rosemary. Finished off with grilled peaches in heavy cream for dessert.

IMG_0777.JPGIMG_0778.JPGIMG_0780.JPGIMG_0783.JPG

Basic chicken. Had some BSB and boneless thighs that I covered in Stubb's Chicken seasoning and vac sealed a while back. Thawed some out and grilled. Also did some zucchini with EVOO and Montreal Steak Seasoning, grilled then drizzled with a balsamic glaze. The old easy standby Caesar salad in tow. Not pictured, as I didn't have any, Angel Hair pasta tossed in EVOO, fresh garlic and parmesan cheese.

5DC52DE0-40CF-412A-8EF0-F843DE538EC6.jpeg

Haven’t been posting much food stuff lately, though I cook most every night theses days. Tonight we splurged with two SRF Gold 8 oz. filets, sous vide for several hours and seared in a cast iron skillet. Petit pois peas, steamed broccoli with grated x-sharp cheddar, and a wedge with bacon, tomato, and home-made buttermilk blue cheese dressing. All paired wonderfully with a 2013 Jeff Cohn Sweetwater Springs Vineyard Petit Sirah (WA 94+). Everything was just perfect. We’re on our second bottle now, watching The Irishman. Cheers to quarantining!!!
283D52B7-18C4-4845-A422-AB4AE972E830.jpeg

Back