What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, minimal finishing pics, but here they are.

Shredded and supposed to be back in the oven for 30 minutes. Seemed a tad dry to me, so I added a few splashes of chicken stock.

1589936678933.jpeg

Finished and on your plate with pickled jalapeños and onions, along with some Cotija cheese and cilantro. 8 enthusiastic thumbs up from this family of four. A great combo of flavors.

1589936719742.jpeg

Did the "Roadside" chicken recipe I posted earlier. This never fails. It's so good. I did some 'real' thighs and some boneless, skinless breasts. Just have to throw the bone-in pieces on earlier.

Here's the thighs a little more than halfway through:

View attachment 61304

And the BSB's on and almost done

View attachment 61305

Your plate:

View attachment 61306

Looked and sounded really good, so I decided to give it a go on your high recommendation. As I was contemplating this recipe, I realized it was basically an American version of Filipino adobo chicken. I made minimal changes. I used apple cider vinegar, and I added 2 birdseye chilies to the marinade. I also started the marinade tonight, so significantly longer than your recipe. I look forward to grilling in decent weather tomorrow for a change!

Looked and sounded really good, so I decided to give it a go on your high recommendation. As I was contemplating this recipe, I realized it was basically an American version of Filipino adobo chicken. I made minimal changes. I used apple cider vinegar, and I added 2 birdseye chilies to the marinade. I also started the marinade tonight, so significantly longer than your recipe. I look forward to grilling in decent weather tomorrow for a change!

If you're cooking directly over the flames, watch the flare ups! I usually go indirect, but it can be fun direct - one of those 'stand by the grill for 30-40 minutes and have a beer or two while you cook', cooks. ;)

Is that cheap or?

Apparently, it is. I just went back to look at the Wegman's website and it's almost $10/lb. 😳 Wegman's beef is notoriously expensive, but that's ridiculous. I forgot a couple things yesterday and need to go back today - I'll check in-store. Brisket was only $5.99/lb, which is also outrageous, but not as crazy as the Chuck.

Around here they would put them on sale (BC) for about $2.99lb in the family pack or a BOGO sale. If not on sale more like $5.99. I like to use them as the beef part of my sausage grind but Brisket is also a very good option and if I can snag one for $3lb I will get one and toss in the freezer for later. I am down to maybe 8 packages of sausage in the freezer.

Is that cheap or?

Brisket price is up at Costco, they have a few pieces, took the smallest at 15.5lbs.
$5.19/lb

Flat alone choice is up to $8.39/lb

9A6BC52F-9B6F-4F22-951E-1D6383EAE7DB.jpeg

I should’ve stopped at restaurant depot next to Costco, I cooked a brisket that I bought from them last year and it came out great even it was choice.

I should’ve stopped at restaurant depot next to Costco, I cooked a brisket that I bought from them last year and it came out great even it was choice.

Hmm. We have a Restaurant Depot about a mile from the house. Normally, you need a Federal Tax ID to have a membership there, but I've heard rumors that they've suspended that requirement during this little crisis of ours.

Latest posts

Back