What's for Dinner?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

GreginND

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you ready for a culinary tour? Here we go.

Let's start with some hand pulled Biang Biang noodles with a garlic, chilies, green onions and peanuts.

Steamed bao buns stuffed with ginger, garlic and shiitake mushroom.

Stir fried Chinese eggplant with black bean.

Korean cucumber salad with Korean red chili gochukaru.

Kosahr - this is an Egyptian street food that is layered with rice and lentils, macaroni, chick peas. It is flavored with a cumin tomato sauce and a cumin flavored vinegar sauce. Of course, crispy fried onions on top finish off the deliciousness.

Vegan Thai Green Curry sausages served with noodles with Thai Basil and peanut pesto.

Southern US meets Egypt. I used some leftover lentils and rice to stuff some collard greens. I topped with with the cumin tomato sauce and baked the rolls. Not your usual cabbage rolls!

Finally, another spicy Chinese noodle dish. This was topped with spicy Sichuan green beans and flavored with soy and black vinegar.

Kraffty

Reaction score
so much for monday, what are you cooking tonight. It really all looks so incredible and nice pictures too!
Mike

Kraffty

Reaction score
On a much less ambitious attempt than Greg, Mike and Jims last entries we had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches last night. Rains came, temps plummeted into the mid 80's and we had fresh veggies in the fridge so why not break out the rainy day comfort food.
tomatoSoupDinner.jpg

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
On a much less ambitious attempt than Greg, Mike and Jims last entries we had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches last night. Rains came, temps plummeted into the mid 80's and we had fresh veggies in the fridge so why not break out the rainy day comfort food.
View attachment 55836
A few years ago while finishing up a restaurant they were doing training on special orders. They gave me a surprise order which was grilled cheese with sauerkraut. I don't think I had a grilled cheese without sauerkraut since.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Bubba, Sounds like that would be delicious but I can't see any figs. How are the figs prepared, i.e. chopped, sliced, minced, etc.? Also, what cheese did you use? Looks like Feta.

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
@Rocky where have you been??? Haven't seen posts from you in a long time...

Bubba1

Reaction score
Bubba, Sounds like that would be delicious but I can't see any figs. How are the figs prepared, i.e. chopped, sliced, minced, etc.? Also, what cheese did you use? Looks like Feta.
Fig preserves right on dough fresh mozzarella on top it goes in the oven then when done add arugula prosciutto grated reggiano and olive oil.