What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying my best to summon the spirit of members who have moved on to other things.........

Friday night, Pizza night!

It's taken me probably close to 2 years to get up the nerve to attempt to use the Kettle Pizza again after the SEE I experienced the last time I used it. Decided it was time to get back on the horse as they say. Kinda getting the hang of it. Making 3 smaller pizza's instead of two large ones. 500F fire instead of ~650F fire gives a little more time before you need to turn the pie. The big problem is this thing is just too low to the ground to see inside. I have to get down on my knees to see directly inside which is critical to gauge how the crust is doing. The weber almost needs to be on a table about 3 foot higher. Tossed in about 4-5 nice sized chunks of Mesquite to up the temps and give a nice wood smoke flavor. No 3rd degree burns this time!

IMG_4312.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3ddb.jpeg

Looks like 12mo subscription or $90 for a single class are the only two options.

Wonder if you can sign up month to month? It's definitely worth the $$ if you can create brisket anything like his, though I have yet to get there. Maybe my son will go back through basic again?

Tonight we enjoyed lamb shoulder chops (sadly, not the ones that are practically rib chops). Thus, I cooked them sous vide at 133 for about 6 hours to soften 'em up. Paired with orzo (parsley, preserved lemon, and EVOO); braised fennel and onion; roasted artichoke; and fresh garlic ramps, broiled, then topped with parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and paprika.

DSCN2759.jpg DSCN2760.jpg

Pulled out the Wagyu brisket on Thursday to thaw, injected and vacuum sealed it in marinade on Friday, seasoned and dropped it on the Primo this morning with some mesquite chunks. It’s not the whole packer, just the flat, and IMHO, the butcher cut it a bit lean, no layer of fat across the entire top, though it’s well marbled. Have to just wait and see how it comes out.

Latest posts

Back