What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While not as brilliant a plan or big in returns as the "Lottery Loophole" on last Sunday's 60 Minutes.........

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jerry-...millions-using-a-lottery-loophole-60-minutes/

I will consider $32 worth of melt in your mouth Waygu beef for $4 a pretty good score still. I have my system (inspect, watch & wait, pounce early!) down pretty good now. LOL
You dog! That is an outstanding snag. :HB

At least my hamburgers tonight will be made with locally sourced grass-fed beef. So I have that going for me! :)

I will consider $32 worth of melt in your mouth Waygu beef for $4 a pretty good score still. I have my system (inspect, watch & wait, pounce early!) down pretty good now. LOL

My "system" is not as advanced. I just go there a lot! :) (It is on my way to and from a lot of places.)

Hit the easy button, yet again, since it was a brewing day. Seared a bottom round chunk of meat and put 'er in the crock pot to cook all day. Carrots, celery, onions, maters, peas and some other additions. Served on some farfalle pasta. Nice and easy and WARM. Gets chilly watching a pot come to a boil in a cold garage.

2-2-19_pot-roast.jpg

Edit: Also made a sourdough rye bread. Added some of the spent grains from my beer making session today. My youngest daughter actually tried a piece and asked for a whole slice, amazing!

Last edited:
Really nice day around here, almost got up to 50*F today, supposed to easily eclipse that the next few days. Wifey wanted to make some gluten free "pigs in a blanket" using almond flour. So I was off the hook for dinner. Knew we'd be short on the "pigs", so thawed some ground lamb, added some beef and made a "loaf" of gyro meat. Mixed up some tzatziki sauce and let it age for a few hours and cooked the loaf on the Weber kettle along side a boneless pork shoulder roast that is to be used for pulled pork tomorrow. Never thought of cooking the gyro loaf on the grill before, but it turned out fantastic. Texture a bit on the loose side since I didn't let sit overnight with a weight (brick) on top, but the flavor was really spot on.

2-3-19_gyro.jpg

Served with a cold beer or three.

A ton of leftover fajita fixings from yesterday's gathering. So it was quesadillas tonight.

And probably tomorrow...

Same here.

Left over Sliders, Wings, Cilantro Lime Shrimps, Smoked Salmon with capers and dill, veggies, and the obligatory Queso and chips with Rotel........

Tri-Tip Chili. Because why not?

355049_true-texas-chili_1x1.jpg

I liked the looks of @Boatboy24's lunch yesterday, so I tried my best to doctor up a pizza with as much color. First pizza, 1/2 pepperoni 1/2 plain, boring. My pizza, thin layer of ho-made pizza sauce, red onion, sparse layer of mozzarella, more red onion, arugula, diced portebella shrooms, crumbled lamb loaf (saved from gyros last weekend, frozen), feta cheese and some greek shaker seasoning. Turned out really well except the chunk of feta that escaped the pizza pie and ended up on the bottom of the stove and set off the house smoke alarm several times. Will also add some minced fresh garlic on top when I reheat for lunches tomorrow/Sunday/Monday...

2-8-19_pizza-1.jpg

2-8-19_pizza-2.jpg

You bought a timeshare didn't you....... LOL

Nah... [emoji846]

I came to see my mom and spend a week on her bday. She soon will be 77 and Alzheimer is just kicking in in a fast pace unfortunately.

She doesn’t recognize relatives including my brother.
Anyhow, I’d like buying an apartment in the main city, nice apartment towers getting built all over.

Latest posts

Back