What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a note to all, I'm lucky enough to view all these pictures of yours on a 27" 4k iMac and the quality of pictures, in general, is really outstanding. Half of them look to be taken from the pages of printed cookbooks.
I'm assuming they're all take on phones and have to give a share of credit to technology but still, Great Job All!
Mike

Most of mine are taken on an older point-and-shoot (some on a phone). The point-and-shoot is easier for me to get to WMT than the phone.

just a note to all, I'm lucky enough to view all these pictures of yours on a 27" 4k iMac and the quality of pictures, in general, is really outstanding. Half of them look to be taken from the pages of printed cookbooks.
I'm assuming they're all take on phones and have to give a share of credit to technology but still, Great Job All!
Mike
I take mine on an old Sony DSC-S85 from 2001 (only 4.1 mpixels). Those might be the ones that don't quite look as good as the others.

iPhone 6 Plus (8MP camera). Goes from the camera to the cloud. From the cloud to all my iOS devices and other Apple computers in a few seconds. About three clicks to being uploaded to WMT in all the glorious detail! (for better or worse)

What you got some squirt bottles now for your condiments! LOL
c4c172a1-7a0d-4125-85ab-5397d769aa55_1.a98a691ffe134c2b6eaea2c1d2b707e1.jpeg

What would be a show stopper I and I will report back.
Obviously any wheat or barley ingredients are not GF. "Natural flavors" on the label usually take it out of contention as well (just because you don't know what they are). If it doesn't have a big GF in a circle on the back, it probably isn't. I could always order a few bottles and use them as my secret stash and not cook with them, unless it was just for me. Are they shelf stable after opening or do they need to be put in the fridge? I assume they last a few months once opened.

I just looked at the back of each one and each one says in bold print "Gluten Free"

These have some heat but none are killer hot such that you can't eat it. Each one also has a bit of sweetness to temper the heat as well. Very flavorful.

I just looked at the back of each one and each one says in bold print "Gluten Free"

These have some heat but none are killer hot such that you can't eat it. Each one also has a bit of sweetness to temper the heat as well. Very flavorful.
My oldest daughter likes the heat. Next in line son does if I don't tell him it's in there. Oldest son, have no clue since he's been eating southern fare for a year. I hear about a lot of bbq and smoked venison hind quarters, so I imagine he's getting a taste for some spice (hoping he's had an Étouffée and liked it).

Tonight, wifey (who just walked in the front door) took oldest daughter and a friend to visit a university two hours north of here. I took the opportunity to scavenge for something fun for me and the boy. Found some catfish fillets at a reasonable price, picked up some panko GF bread crumbs I've been wanting to try, and a bag of petite brussel sprouts. Found out too late that I was a little low on oil, but it actually turned out better w/o all the oil (old pan that sometimes drops too low in heat and allows the oil to soak in a bit). Simple corn starch/egg wash/panko w/salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Turned out really well. I had a fish sandwich with some ho-made tartar sauce. Really hit the spot (we rarely have fish since my wife and daughters don't prefer it). Yum!

12-7-18_fish-0.jpg

12-7-18_fish-1.jpg

12-7-18_fish-2.jpg

In my glass tonight, an experimental rose petal & hibiscus wine made back in 2017, Matched with my homemade pizza. Before and after photos attached. But frankly, with my 'stretched' taste sensors, I think that any food is perfectly matches with my wine. Despite having forgotten the mushrooms.
My oldest daughter likes the heat. Next in line son does if I don't tell him it's in there. Oldest son, have no clue since he's been eating southern fare for a year. I hear about a lot of bbq and smoked venison hind quarters, so I imagine he's getting a taste for some spice (hoping he's had an Étouffée and liked it).

Tonight, wifey (who just walked in the front door) took oldest daughter and a friend to visit a university two hours north of here. I took the opportunity to scavenge for something fun for me and the boy. Found some catfish fillets at a reasonable price, picked up some panko GF bread crumbs I've been wanting to try, and a bag of petite brussel sprouts. Found out too late that I was a little low on oil, but it actually turned out better w/o all the oil (old pan that sometimes drops too low in heat and allows the oil to soak in a bit). Simple corn starch/egg wash/panko w/salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Turned out really well. I had a fish sandwich with some ho-made tartar sauce. Really hit the spot (we rarely have fish since my wife and daughters don't prefer it). Yum!

View attachment 52487 View attachment 52488

Latest posts

Back