What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is totally unfair because none of these are recent. Haven't cooked in a few years, have some challenges and basically just stopped in the kitchen. Anyway, WTH, some of my "stuff"

pearnap1.jpg grouper.jpg DSC01772.JPG wstone015.jpg flank w mango.JPG grilled squid and roast red pepper.JPG cod cakes and clams.JPG paul putting up cornets.JPG top cod.JPG IMG_0315.JPG

Last edited:
Couple more, dinner with friends. The above is cured salmon, garnishes, and brioche toast points. Here, braised lamb shoulder, a kind of upside down tomato "tart" on puff pastry (got this from Tom Collichio's book, one of them), lamb jus and rosemary oil. Finally, meyer lemon creme brulee with candied fennel.

Lamb III.JPG meyer lemon creme brulee II.JPG

Nice stuff @Purplish! You've got some great talent. I wish I could cook like that, but then the family would expect it all the time.

On to some simpler comfort food, ribs and ham steaks served with hash browns. Could have used some of @Boatboy24's bacon.

6-2-18_ribs.jpg

6-2-18_hash-browns.jpg

Cubano sandwich for lunch today. No pictures but it was good. Now what can I find in the freezer for dinner tonight...

Since I'm sequestered to the house/front porch/garage because of the heavy rain, decided to cook a few things for tonight and next week. Nice to have a covered porch facing South so that the normal East/West direction winds allow for some charcoal grilling without asphyxiation. Some simple pounded chicken with salt & pepper for chicken divan tomorrow. Grilled up a 1 lbs burger, some peppers and red onions for a mild chili for my wifey's lunches during the week. Then tonight's main course of chicken fajitas.

6-3-18_dinner-3.jpg
6-3-18_dinner-5.jpg
6-3-18_dinner-1.jpg
6-3-18_dinner-2.jpg

Made an ad hoc lemon vinaigrette and have some boneless chicken soaking in it. Also made a similar sauce for a small tuna steak that I'll be having. Made up some Israeli couscous and created a salad from that with cukes, plum tomato, kalamata olives, yellow pepper, lots of paahhsley and a little romaine (E. coli on the side). Tossed with S&P, lemon juice and EVOO. Proteins going on the gas grill shortly. Its been raining too hard and to frequently to get the charcoal lit. But I can still say I've grilled the last 4 nights.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words on my cooking, everybody. Another life ago though I try to keep it going by special parties with friends. I came to this thread and I knew what it would be - everyday cooking elevated to a level that is beautiful and clean, just looks so delicious. I've got a lot of posts to catch up on...wonderful to see what you all are doing, how you think about food. Beautiful.

Used the "plain" chicken I grilled on the charcoal yesterday to do a version of chicken divan. I usually like it with asparagus, but the kids prefer green beans. Made up a GF cream of chicken concoction with some half 'n half and gluten free flour. Added a pile of mild cheddar cheese to the sauce and on top of the pounded chicken pieces. The GF kid reminded me that we hadn't had that in a while and he expected it a little more often. Served over some long grain white rice. I took my son's comments as a vote that he liked it!

6-4-18_chicken-divan.jpg

Latest posts

Back