What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night, I made this grilled red snapper dish ("Vera Cruz") from Bobby Flay: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/grilled-snapper-vera-cruz-recipe-1949786 . The salsa turned out great, but I did screw up one thing: the nicely browned crust of the snapper stuck to my grill :( , and had to be served as a garnish. The inside meat of the fish was good, however.

This is NOT my picture:
1382541792929.jpeg

That looks awesome and delicious. I would steal that recipe in a heartbeat. The "payback" (sweet revenge) was a bonus! :sm

I assume you did not count the cost of the sriracha in the $4!

Pantry items were excluded (provided we already had them in the house).

By all means! Steal this! The odd thing is that when you taste the marinade, it is why hotter then after you grill it with your chicken.

@GreginND .. where is the mutz cheese?????

I'm not sure if I'd call this an eggplant lasagna or a take on a moussaka, but I can call it delicious.

Hmmm...I have an eggplant sitting on the kitchen counter. That looks like a great idea for my Sunday dinner (being abandoned by the family for the afternoon/early evening). Was thinking a nice thick steak, but eggplant is way healthier, less expensive and looks like fun to make!

Pizza and first tasting of my first batch of Banana Wine! Can you think of a more perfect pairing?
smilie.gif

Pantry items were excluded (provided we already had them in the house).

By all means! Steal this! The odd thing is that when you taste the marinade, it is why hotter then after you grill it with your chicken.

@GreginND .. where is the mutz cheese?????

Because cooking sriracha mellows it out.

Wife and older daughter off to Fl for the weekend. So I'm thinking of Porterhouse or T-bone steak for this afternoon, on 'sale' at Stop & Shop for $5.77/lb.

You meat gurus, is that a good price?

It's going to be t-bone, probably today, and salmon fillet for tomorrow, it's on "sale" for also $5.77.
I typically buy salmon fillet at Costco for I think $7.99 so this sale price at $5.77 is not bad.

Is that farm raised or wild salmon? My beef (pardon the pun) with Costco is that they never seem to have wild.

BTW: I'd be stocking up on t-bones at that price. :HB

Is that farm raised or wild salmon? My beef (pardon the pun) with Costco is that they never seem to have wild.

I noticed my local Weis had some T-bones for $5.99. I'm considering for tomorrow if I don't do the Moussaka (home alone, lot's of dinner options since it's just for me and myself).

Yep all of the ready to go Salmon is all farm raised it seems. The Costco stuffed salmon is amazing still and it is farm raised. I prefer the Wild as well but the only wild stuff you will see at Costco is the fresh stuff on ice that is often a whole Salmon. The frozen fish is also wild caught and it is quite good as well if you don't mind the frozen stuff.

Just so you know, all fish you buy in the store is frozen. Even if you go to the dock and buy it straight off the boat it's been stored on ice and is basically frozen. Got an uncle that runs a shrimp boat and I get fresh caught shrimp from him and they keep an ice machine on the boat to make sure they don't run out of ice.

The t-bone cut is a little big but hey...
Just bought one package with 3 pieces; I'll head to another local stop and shop to see if they have smaller cuts.

Back