What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only allowed, but encouraged!!

I said to a couple of the kids that I was thinking about it but we just had them. They vocally reprimanded me of even thinking that, so I guess I've got to get a couple racks. At around $5 per rack it's a pretty cheap meal. Throw in some corn on the cob and a salad and it even is somewhat healthy. Looks like it will be a Sunday smoking since Saturday looks like a washout around these parts.

Not only allowed, but encouraged!!

Agree!

Craig: don't know if that sale is going on here, but will check it out. We are entertaining again a couple times in the next few days and this could be the ticket.

Agree!

Craig: don't know if that sale is going on here, but will check it out. We are entertaining again a couple times in the next few days and this could be the ticket.

They are previously frozen, so I think they are leftovers from Memorial Day. I didn't notice any issues with being pre-frozen, seemed to be one of the better batches I've cooked up. Helps when you know you can trust your smoker thermometer.

Got this amazing cookbook for Father's Day from the kids. Everything you ever wanted to know about every different cut of meat from every animal including actual photo's from where each cut comes from. How to cook properly. Lots of fantastic recipe's to boot.

Comes highly recommended by @GreginND of course! LOL

91YS%2B0KtuCL.jpg

Got this amazing cookbook for Father's Day from the kids. Everything you ever wanted to know about every different cut of meat from every animal including actual photo's from where each cut comes from. How to cook properly. Lots of fantastic recipe's to boot.

Comes highly recommended by @GreginND of course! LOL

Checked it out on Amazon and may have to get it. The skirt steak pinwheels recipe sounds very good - although quite lemony.

Ha! Well, luck o' the Irish, I guess. Wifey logged into Amazon to quickly buy something and didn't see that I'd put the book in the cart (waiting to pull the trigger). In her haste, she bought what she wanted, and included the book. :db

Same here. Wifey is going to dinner with a classmate from this Spring, so I'm in charge of the pizza. Have some grilled Italian sausage, pepperoni, salami, ham etc. Plan on baking three and grilling one (lot's of leftovers for tomorrow's lunch).

I recently cooked Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Casserole. I got the recipe from pinterest. It turned out amazizng. It is a very spicy dish which I like.

Well, not a total disaster, but close. I haven't used the Kettle Pizza in a while, and it is very clear I need to fine tune my method again. I used too much charcoal, to sum it up. The pizza stone was screaming hot and burned the crust almost instantly. The dough was a little difficult to work, but not too bad. To top it all off, wife walks into the kitchen right after I lit the fire and tells me she's taking our oldest to Tae Kwan Do tonight - which will be occurring right as I'm planning to take pizzas out of the grill. So my youngest and I made up a couple pepperoni and sausage pies and I'll cook the others when they are read (assuming I can even work with the dough at that point). At least the LE Aglianico is good. And, viewed from above, the pizzas look pretty good as well.

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

LOL The last time I used mine I had what my father in law would say was an SEE or a Significant Emotional Event.......

I grabbed the spinners shortly after removing them from turning a pie and burnt the :sh :sh :sh out of my hand. Literally tears were flowing and have not used it since. With the Pit Boss and its ease of use (especially cooking a pizza) I may never use it again!

Well, not a total disaster, but close. I haven't used the Kettle Pizza in a while, and it is very clear I need to fine tune my method again......

I now make my doughs the night before, let them proof slowly in the fridge, then take them out about 2 hours before I plan on making the pies. Seems to work better than making them a few hours ahead, dough is much more pliable and doesn't seem to tear as easy (guess the gluten that was developed when kneeding has settled in?). Kids seem to like the flavor and texture better too. I'm sure a true Hungarian like @JohnT can let us know the science behind it...and the proper way to make a top flight dough. Not that yours aren't, I just am always looking for ways to improve our pizza night. Those look pretty good to me.

Edit: I like the first image. That one looks like a spider graph they use for results of the NFL combine!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back