What's Fermenting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You asked whats FERMENTING!!!!!!!! I only see a few that may still be fermenting there!!!!! :). I have a few aging but nothing fermenting as we speak. I do need to harvest mullberries in the next few days though so Ill have something fermenting very soon! After that itll be an IPA and then nothing till fall when elderberries and crab apples and peaches come around.
Wade do you trim off the little stem on the Mulberries?
What a pain.:h

I have nothing going at the moment. Woreking these 3rd shifts at work has thrown me off schedule. I'm going to try and rack the Muscat again since it has cleared beautifully. The color is kind of a golden hue and I don't want it to sit on the lees for longer than a couple weeks.

At this point the weather has been too hot and I've been to tired to start anything new. I wanted my next batch to be a beer kit and not a wine one, so July budget is going towards beer supplies, unless I can find a good deal on some fruit. I'm still planning on doing the Mango Coriander Melomel.

3rd shift eay. Yuck!! I worked that for a short while and it nearly killed me. Hang in there and dont switch your hours around on the week ends. It is even harder if you do.
Steve

Just 3 gallons in secondary right now. We're gonna sell the house so all fermentation is on hold til the new house.

Kinda sad, but in the long run it'll be awesome.

3rd shift eay. Yuck!! I worked that for a short while and it nearly killed me. Hang in there and dont switch your hours around on the week ends. It is even harder if you do.
Steve

I only work 4 days a week Sat-Tues so I'm have one weekend night and two weekdays to get things done. With my mind being foggy I have to be sure to not do too much on one day otherwise I miss steps.

WSG

I have about 8 gallons of blackberry (from jam) in the primary, the 6 gallons of IM Peach Chardonnay, that I'm going to bottle this weekend, and 3 gallons of Strawberry (made with light brown sugar) that I'm bulk aging.

I'll probably be picking up another kit this weekend, and maybe start a large batch of welch's along with it.

Peace,
Bob

8 gallon of blackberry from jam!! How is that going? How many jars and what size did it take?? Thinking of trying a jam wine soon, Steve

Only been at this for 2 months .

I have a Grand Cru Chilean Malbec in the primary with skins

CC Barbera with skins in secondary ,fermentation is almost complete

I also have bulk aging Staggs Leap Merlot
Legacy Shiraz
Orchard Breezin Blueberry Shiraz

On the work bench waiting for an empty primary is RJS Okanagan Red Meritage

I think i,ll slow up on buying kits for a couple months and try my hand at some fruit wines next. That Skeeter Pee sounds really good!:b

I don't have anything actually fermenting. I do have a whole lot to bottle. In fact I have so much to bottle that I can't even remember what I have back there. Hopefully the "Man Cave" will be done soon and when I move all the winery and brewery stuff back there I will get some bottling and organization done.

Just bottled a Heron Bay Cab/Shiraz blend on Saturday. I am also currently aging a WE Barolo, and a WE Australian Cab Sauv. I will also be starting a Peach wine this weekend. As this is my first attempt at a fruit wine, wish me luck.

5 gallons of apple wine from juice i mixed up monday of this week
thinking of putting down a mead soon also

I have about 8 gallons of blackberry (from jam) in the primary, the 6 gallons of IM Peach Chardonnay, that I'm going to bottle this weekend, and 3 gallons of Strawberry (made with light brown sugar) that I'm bulk aging.

I'll probably be picking up another kit this weekend, and maybe start a large batch of welch's along with it.

Peace,
Bob

Bob,

can you share that blackberry jam recipe please?

cheers

Allie

8 gallon of blackberry from jam!! How is that going? How many jars and what size did it take?? Thinking of trying a jam wine soon, Steve

It took 16 - 18oz jars, the fermentation was going good, but it's slacked off quite a bit. I hesitate to post the recipe, because initially I really screwed it up...see this post

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3780

...so I'm really not sure how it's going to turn out.

The SG in the large primary finally got down to 1.012, so I racked it into the secondary...now I'm just going to let it finish off, it's just going slower than any other batch I've done. The smaller primary bucket is at 1.020, so I'll let it sit a few more days and check again. Time will tell.

Peace,
Bob

smurfe, if you need help on the organizing and bottling thing call me.
Bob sorry if I keep asking the same questions lol. :DI have to quit drinking and typing!!:d

Latest posts

Back