Whats brewin’?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muttly2001

Junior
Reaction score
I was wondering what every has in the works right now? I expecially want to know what George has since he lives not to far away from me. I may have to stop over for a glass of wine
smiley2.gif

Scuppernong, Raisin-Muscadine, Blackberry-oak, Blackberry-no oak, peach, Gewurtztraminer

I have Gewurtztraminer, Shiraz, Bourgeron Rouge, Bergamais, White Ice Wine Style (had a red ice wine, but if you read the newsletter, you know what happened to it.), Valpolicellaand 2 Cabs.

Next up is a Blackberry Merlot for my mom, as well as a Chardonnay, Merlot and Pinot Noir.

I have Valpolicella, Concord, Pineapple-white sugar, Pineapple-raw cane sugar, a Passion Fruit, and soon a Grand Cru Gewurztraminer. (George, hang on to one-The Cellar Classic, "Sauv Blanc," preparing for the order!)

Joe,

You got it. I actually have 2 in stock.

One of my customer just told me that their Sauv Blanc is looking very good.

I have a Sicilian Primitivo/Syrah, <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:City>Okanagan Cabernet-Merlot</st1:City>,<st1:State>Oregon</st1:State></st1:place> Yamhill <st1:place><st1:place>County</st1:place> <st1:placeName>Pinot</st1:placeName></st1:place> Noir, Pinotage Cabernet, White Merlot and a Green Apple Riesling.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Wow sounds like fun! Being extremely new at this I only have gallon batches of Mead, Raspberry wine, and some extremely TART hard lemonade. Once I get the cash I am going to get my hands on some 6 gallon carboys and get serious!
smiley2.gif

An Italian Barbara, French Cab , Italian Pinot Grigo bottled. A Pinot Noir and Johann Reisling in carboys aging. Everything else just gets consumed before it gets too old.

bdavidh,

It doesn't last long in the cellar does it! Instant friends and lost long relatives suddenly appear and "want to taste" etc. It's hard to hide a good thing, but it's a GOOD excuse to make more
smiley36.gif

That is my number one reason for bulk aging. It seems that once the wine gets in the bottle, it is "fair game" and they do not get a chance to bottle age.

GOOD IDEA George! I should switch all my carboys to the "better bottle," install a higher spigot, (just for my continuous sampling) and tell everyone IT'S NOT READY!
smiley32.gif

Just completed first racking of my Pineapple-white sugar after three (3) days of fermenting on target. It sure looks "happy" and was off and running. If this comes out good+, I will try using a (Hawaiian spice").....sorry George, I used that word again. There is a flavoring that the orientals used on their preserved fruits (as snacks) preserving seeded cherries, plums, and lemons, etc. It is named "Lihi Hing Mui) it flavors as a "sweet&amp; mild sour") taste that keeps the taste buds wondering.....quite goood on other things as well..."kinda like eating "oriental Pineaplle spare ribs-flavoring".....will keep posted...

Aging 5 gal of BK Chamblaise.

Thinking hard about what to start, another kit or Mead and a canned Welches garpe wine.

Gettin ready to try out a "Banana Wine." Anyone got a recipe that they have tried out and turned out good? I came across a few recipes but...

redfoxwine,

Howis that "Welch's" frozen grape canned? I often though about trying a 1-gallon experiement and adding to it. Have you made that before..how'd it come out? Share a gooood recipe?
smiley2.gif

Did you see that WineMaker Magazine had an article about Dandelion Wine?

Cabernet Sauv, Chianti, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and I just started a batch of Pinot Chardonnay (I've never tried but I am due to Georges July specials)

blackberry, concord, niagra from grapes I grew last year..my fingers are crossed; cantaloupe; a "second" wine from the niagra grapes; tea wine made from instant..gave it a shot
smiley1.gif
; and I'm about to start bing cherry wine from cherries I got a screamin' deal on which I pitted and froze. Anybody make herbal wines? I made one from Lemon Balm, not bad and, believe it or not it was excellent this summer over crushed ice ... a dessert wine. patti marie

Latest posts

Back