What yeast to use

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjo

Reaction score
I am making a jalapeno wine from Jack Kellers site. It calls for Pasteur Champagne yeast of which I do not have. I have Premier Cuvee, Montrachet, Cote des Blancs and Lalvin K1-116. Are any of these a good substitute or should I wait a day to add yeast and get the champagne yeast? Thanks for the help.
Scott

Any of these will work, what starting sg or you going with? I would most likely use Premier Cuvee on this though.

Any of these will work, what starting sg or you going with? I would most likely use Premier Cuvee on this though.

Wade, SG is at 1.090. Not quite sure where It was supposed to be, that is where it ended up per the recipe.
I have to say my stomach turned a few times when I read some of the stuff people were fermenting and now I am trying an odd wine. The must was pretty good though.
Thanks,
Scott

I actually have a jalepeno/habenero wine bottle in my cellar that a frined on another forum gave me but Im too chicken to open it. Thats a good sg to have and saty with that.

I actually have a jalepeno/habenero wine bottle in my cellar that a frined on another forum gave me but Im too chicken to open it. Thats a good sg to have and saty with that.

sounds like fire on both ends wade lol:)

Latest posts

Back