Other What would you make again?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron0126

30 batches my first year, still learning
Reaction score
Since I'm so new at all this, I'm curious: if you had to pick just one red kit and/or one white kit to make, which would it be and why? What have you made that you're proudest of or that tasted the best and that you'd make again and again?

the Meza Luna Red...we really like this
the Fontanna Malbec....both are tweaked heartily using Joe's methods!!

White: Winexpert California Mascato (if you like store bought sweet mascato this is a good kit)

IceWine: The Showcase Reisling icewine style, Vidal Icewine style

Reds: Showcase Merlot, WE California Cab Sav

Note: I've yet to make a "bad" kit just I've made some that while good weren't to my taste but none so far were bad. I'm still new so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea for a thread. None of the few batches that I've made have jumped out at me yet, but based on all the recommendations the Stag's Leap Merlot will be my next kit, probably after a chardonnay bucket this fall and a cider.

Wow, these are some great recommendations!
Thank you!

I haven't bottled yet. But at 7 months my Eclipse Bravado Super Tuscan tastes as advertised ; A big bold red. Every single person I let taste has raved and requested a bottle.

That one keeps getting brought up! I'll have to give it a whirl.
How long do you plan to age it?

(love your tagline) :h

I actually noticed the Bravado on the shelf at 2 separate LHBS recently in my area.
A couple weeks ago I removed an oak spiral that sat for 3 months and replaced with a new one; American heavy toast. I'll let that oak breath in there over the summer and will be ready to bottle this after Labor Day. Would be 10 months.
I say all this, but I also know at that time I'll be so busy with my Cali grape batch that the Bravado just might age a tad more into November--just in time for the winter--further confirming that quote. [emoji485][emoji300]️[emoji108]

WE white cranberry Pinot Gris. A friend made it for gifts at their wedding. My wife liked it. I've made it twice and should do another one.

Red: MM Meglioli Amarosso
White: The best whites we've tried have all been limited editions.

Latest posts

Back