What Would You Do? juice bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rice_Guy

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today was delivery day for Chilean juice buckets. The numbers from the white grape are finished so I am tempted to crowd source an answer for the vinters club, ,,,, what would you do if you got ont or one each of these named varieties?
. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .pH .. . . .. .. ..gravity........ . .. . ..% TA ... . . . . free SO2.. temperature (infra red) on several buckets
print1file.jpg

the club runs QA on product purchased,
numbers look similar and I have seen this in past years
No active fermentation, temperature in the trailer was 35F and 35 F on the last two pallets, measured temps were after sitting at the dock for 1 to 2 hours

:hugThanks to @sour_grapes for running to pick up sodium hydroxide for testing

Well today was delivery day for Chilean juice buckets. The numbers from the white grape are finished so I am tempted to crowd source an answer for the vinters club, ,,,, what would you do if you got ont or one each of these named varieties?
. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .pH .. . . .. .. ..gravity........ . .. . ..% TA ... . . . . free SO2.. temperature (infra red) on several buckets
View attachment 74216

the club runs QA on product purchased,
numbers look similar and I have seen this in past years
No active fermentation, temperature in the trailer was 35F and 35 F on the last two pallets, measured temps were after sitting at the dock for 1 to 2 hours

:hugThanks to @sour_grapes for running to pick up sodium hydroxide for testing
Look a good pallet indeed, I have read in another article that Chilean juice buckets, don't call for the addition of pectic enzyme.

Back