What wine making books?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly22guy

Reaction score
Im currently reading "From vines to wine" Just started but seems very good, came highly recommended. What other winemaking books can you recommend?

I personally don't spend much time reading books,because all the info I need I can find it easy on internet.I think that this is one of my mistakes,but simply don't have much time.

I have a copy of "Home Winemaking Step By Step" by John Iverson that I have learned a great deal from.

The very first winemaking book I read was The Joy of Home Winemaking by Terry Garey. I was on a business trip, killing some time by browsing thru Barnes & Noble, and picked it up just on impulse. It's still on my bookshelf and I still refer to it occasionally. Since then I've become a casual collector of old and/or odd books about winemaking... such as Successful Wine Making at Home by H.e. Bravery. There were quite a few small books/pamphlets on the subject published in the 1950's-1960's, especially in the UK, and I come across one from time to time; always interesting, even if technique and technology have moved on.

For up-to-date info, I tend to search the net and post to forums like this one.

Another is The Wine Maker's Answer Book by Alison Crowe

I have quite a few but Scooter my long haired dachshund seems to like this one. He fell asleep reading it.
It's called "An Essay on Brewing, Vintage and Distillation, Together With Selected Remedies for Hangover Melancholia: Or, How to Make Booze"
If nothing else, it is the one with the longest name. :)

scootasleepreading.jpg

Another vote for Homewine Making step by step by Iverson.... some info is a little dated but it is a great tool... a dogeared copy is always next to me whilst I ferment ....

Latest posts

Back