What wine are you serving tomorrow?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cab with apps, then PN or Chard (or maybe both). Probably all commercial - my lighter reds I've made the last two seasons aren't ready yet. All my others are too heavy. Dad wants to have Cab with apps though - who am I to argue, it's his wine. :D

Parents are bringing wine from their cellar - very, very nice cellar - I'm happy to do all the cooking and feel it's a fair trade in this case. :)

Aperol Spritz pre dinner
Cline Pinot Noir and my WE Riesling with dinner.
My neighbor is stopping by to trade a bottle of my Rasberry Dragonfruit for some Apple Pie Moonshine

Bringing a bottle of 2015 Domaine de la Janasse Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Chaupin over to Dad’s house, then we’ll see what kind of stuff we can con him into opening up..........Hope you all have a blessed and safe day with family an friends.

A Master Vinter Chard and/or a Viognier from a juice bucket.

Podcast https://winefornormalpeople.com/ has fairly interesting "Wine pairings for Thanksgiving" episode I just listened to last week.

Oh, good point. I should have mentioned that we are not having turkey; I am serving Cornish game hens, and Asparagus Oscar (hollandaise, crabmeat). So this all will go well with a Chard, I think. When we have turkey, I generally go for a Gewurtztraminer or a just-off-dry Riesling.

Up north of the 49th ... Thanksgiving was in October. Will finish off some Argentinian Malbec that was started to braise some beef short ribs. But we did make a batch of Utah funeral potatoes ... in sympathy and it’s been a few years. Happy Thanksgiving America.

Gruet' Sauvage Champagne (apps)
Gruet' Rose' of Pinot Noir (apps)
2015 Evening Land Seven Springs Chardonnay (dinner)
2009 Beaux Frères Beaux Frères Vineyard Pinot Noir (dinner)
2016 L'Ecole No. 41 Semillon Columbia Valley (dinner)

Had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday (work conflict SiL) with Daughter, SiL, the in-laws, and Sil's brother/wife

Nothing super exotic but all California this year:

Piper-Sonoma Brut with apps <<<surprisingly popular, very decent. I'm not a huge sparkling wine fan but others made up for it and drank 2 bottles!

2016 Robert Mondavi "Fume" Blanc "Oakville" (Sauvignon Blanc and always a reliable winner)
2015 St Supery Napa Sauvignon Blanc (Wife's favorite, my opinion: very good and well made but others better at the price point))
(+750ml 2016 Rodney Strong Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc to make the gravy--I tasted and good enough to stand on it's own IMHO, but all in the gravy)

2014 Renquist Cabernet Franc-Amador <<<Could age a couple more years but very good now. An experiment but it worked
2014 Truitt-Hurst Rockpile Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma) <<<Great with turkey and will do again at Christmas
2010 Robert Morse "3 Popes" (a GSM Rhone type blend from Amador) <<<Drinking really well now

So not super traditional pairings, but well received! And no dessert wine because guess who forgot to bring it? It's just as well, we all had plenty.

Everyone have a safe and delicious Thanksgiving !

Back