What to do with 5 gallons of Rhubarb juice ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdodge

Junior
Reaction score
Well I went a little crazy with my new steamer this past weekend, I ended up with 5 plus gallons of Rhubarb juice ( closer to a lite syrup ). Now I have been searching for good recipe and haven't had much luck. any Ideas ???:?

what about using a recipie for strawberry wine that uses strawberry juice?? thats gotta be much easier to find than a rhubarb juice recipie....

they really do compemet each other well!!! i would love to taste some of that!

Try talking with Luc he has sereral methods for making rhubarb wine

You can probabley figure it out. Get Juice to say 1.09 or1.085. I'd add some strawberry personally, Add some yeast nutrient. PH on Rhubarb should be low enough no problem. Add some pectic enzymes. I would go with Levon 1118 yeast. . Put pe in then let sit 24 hours before pitching yeast. As far as adding strawberries goes I this you could try adding strawberry Jam for flavor. Luc makes his strawberry wine out of Jam. If all else fails I can drive down Hyway 9 and take the juice off your hands. Really, I dont know who new to wine making you are. Need a hand ,let me know

Last edited:
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to my post, had to make 2 trips to Alaska and now I am playing catch up. So I went and got 15 pounds of fresh strawberry's and put them through my steamer and got about 1.5 gallons of juice and a coffee can of pulp that is in the freezer. What do you think about 5 gallons of rhubarb, 1.5 of strawberry and water to make a 10 gallon batch ???? I also have huckleberry and cherry juice. Will try and get a batch going next week.

Latest posts

Back