What think Y'all?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo46307

Reaction score
Cut vinyl for labels?

596877595_JDRwJ-L.jpg

596878255_HjBw3-L.jpg

596878953_M68Hy-L.jpg

I have access to a vinyl cutter at work, and thought this might make a neat idea.

By the way, my last name begins with an S, hence the S on the bottle. :D

Peace,
Bob

That looks really professional Bob,

I like it very much,

Allie

That might be a nice side business for your boss. Are they easy to remove?

Man Bob those are awesome!! I have no artistic talent so I use others wine lables and add text.

Man Bob those are awesome!! I have no artistic talent so I use others wine lables and add text.

I don't think artistic talent has anything to do with this...I thought I could draw a decent logo...I was wrong (you don't want to see what I tried to draw). I thought I could incorporate free images off of the web to utilize in my labels...I was mistaken. I went back to basics...the name of the wine, and my last initial...the only difference is that I have access to a cutter, and free vinyl scraps. I also have access to a couple of large format inkjet printers...there's a cloth material I might try and print on...using the same theme (simple). I'll post pictures.

Being the technical support manager has it's advantages...

Peace,
Bob

I agree, sometimes just basic takes the cake and I wish those were mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the labels!

Very elegant and contemporary. I am trying to post my latest one, but will have to work on it :)

Picture 1.jpg

Label - howling monkey

I am not really satisfied, but do like the vintage feel of this one....

Nice. I just recieved an empty bottle of " Toasted Head Chardonnay" The pic was of a bear with flames shooting out of his mouth. Tried to save it but no luck.

Very elegant and contemporary. I am trying to post my latest one, but will have to work on it :)

I like that!

I was thinking of doing something humorous...some kind of "Crazy Bob" theme. I couldn't come up with anything I liked, so I went the opposite way.

I'm still going to play around with the crazy Bob theme...it's not like any of this is set in stone.

Peace,
Bob

I've been working on storage solutions the past couple of weeks, (I've got wine coming out of my ears).

Here's some of the racks I've built for my crawlspace, it's 3ft high with a concrete floor, and it's insulated. I'll take pics of it when I have it cleaned up (hopefully this week)

602191472_S5EvQ-L.jpg

The one on the far right was made using old fence pickets I had laying around...I actually made two of them, capacity is around 40 bottles, and I might add another diagonal support to the lower half, just to help support the upper half. I'll probably make one more...it makes for good bulk storage.

The middle holds 35 bottles.

The one on the left is my favorite...once I got the measurements correct, and cut the spacers, building was pretty straightforward. It holds 30 bottles, but using the same idea, can be made in any size.

I have maybe $80 in wood invested total.

Peace,
Bob

You should get ourself a thermometer with a relative humidty gauge on it as high humidity will make corks become moldy, if you encounter this problem in there then waxing of corks will be necessary or evenan upgrade to synthetic corks may be needed which will mean you will need an Italian floor corker. Mold is the #1 reason for cork taint.

You should get ourself a thermometer with a relative humidty gauge on it as high humidity will make corks become moldy, if you encounter this problem in there then waxing of corks will be necessary or evenan upgrade to synthetic corks may be needed which will mean you will need an Italian floor corker. Mold is the #1 reason for cork taint.

I know the crawlspace maintains the most constant temp...I'll have to check out the humidity. I never run my air conditioner, so it should be the same/or better than the rest of the house. The crawlspace is at the same level as my family room. It's an open concept tri-level, so think of a big Y on it's side. the upper level has bedrooms, the middle level has the kitchen and a living room, the lower level has a family room and laundry room (where I make the wine). The crawlspace is underneath the kitchen/living/middle level

Peace,
Bob

I know what you mean about having wine coming out of your ears Bob.. I checked my storage yesterday and only have room for 37 more bottles. Will have to start looking for another rack on the local ebay..

Allie

Latest posts

Back