What think Y'all?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with Coll. You may have a drinking problem. A lack of alcohol in your system can lead to stark reality!! It aint pretty lol.:r

I've been working on storage solutions the past couple of weeks, (I've got wine coming out of my ears).

Here's some of the racks I've built for my crawlspace, it's 3ft high with a concrete floor, and it's insulated. I'll take pics of it when I have it cleaned up (hopefully this week)
Peace,
Bob
Looks good Bob. You will have to show them in place and filled with your fine wines. This hobby can really get ya going in many directions all of which are gooooood.:b Steve

Looks good Bob. You will have to show them in place and filled with your fine wines. This hobby can really get ya going in many directions all of which are gooooood.:b Steve

Before...

607752183_aAv2m-M.jpg

POOF...

607752272_wmmcu-M.jpg

I'd better get crack'n on some more, I don't have enough room for my montepulciano and blackberry. :d

Peace,
Bob

That looks great Bob,

How many racks do you think you'll be able to fit in there?.. total bottle capacity?

Allie

That looks great Bob,

How many racks do you think you'll be able to fit in there?.. total bottle capacity?

Allie

There's still plenty of room...:D

The crawlspace is broken up into 2 11'X20' sections. The part I'm using is the part closest to the entrance, and there's still 14' left behind me to use when I took the picture. I still have the other side to use, but then it becomes a bit more inconvenient, since I'm crawling on my hands and knees to get around.

I think there might be an old skateboard in the garage I can use to get around on down there. :)

Peace,
Bob

The more inconvenient spot is where you need to hide your prized wines that should be aged longer. What kind of humidity do you get down there. Just watch for mold on corks if it gets damp at all!

The more inconvenient spot is where you need to hide your prized wines that should be aged longer. What kind of humidity do you get down there. Just watch for mold on corks if it gets damp at all!

I'm going to take your earlier advice and get something to measure temp and humidity. The space has always been dry, so I'm not too worried about that. There will be some temp fluctuations due to the seasons, but it shouldn't be too bad. If push comes to shove I can always wire up a de-humidifier and/or heater...but I think I'll be OK.

Now to start planning a small rack for the kitchen...:D

Peace,
Bob

Latest posts

Back