What sprayer should I get

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tremblay2010

Junior
Reaction score
Hello, new here, I have a small vineyard, about 800 plants, that were planted last year, frontenac blanc, ES 10 18 14 and St Pepin. I am looking at either buying or making a sprayer and was wondering what are your thought on either just spraying nozzles or if a fan is required?

I have a small Kioti 22hp tractor and my first thoughts were to use a 3 point setup with a PTO roller pump, spray nozzles no fan. Would that work in your experience?

You have more vines than me so some of this is looking over Dad’s shoulder.
You should have a fogging setup to maximize the small droplets, ie you need a pump to do it well. I spray some powder material with an in line filter, nozzels are a pain to clean.

What parts are you looking at putting together?

I should add, welcome to Wine Making Talk

Hello, new here, I have a small vineyard, about 800 plants

I have over 4000 vines. And I still use a 20 liter back pack, professional, high quality (i.e. not cheap) hand pumped pressurized sprayer. Works fine. Takes a bit (maybe a lot) more time than an atomizer sprayer (i.e. gas or electric pump), and not ideal if there is a wind (cough .... wear a mask), but I make do. And my grapes do fine.

But that is just me. :cool:

Side note: my vineyards are on a steep hill, so tractor implements are not really an option.

Latest posts

Back