What R you DRINKING today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[COLOR="darkgreen" said:
robie;166772]That's interesting, since this forum is for those (many) of us who enjoy making and drinking wine.

If you are so anti-wine, why are you on this forum? Just bored?

If this is in answer to my last post, I am not anti-alcohol related beverages.[/COLOR]

I just don't drink much of it cause alcohol doesn't like my body very much. Uncle Sugar sent me to Japan when I was 17 and I tried to learn to drink like the big boys and it didn't work very well. Pretty much gave up trying before I turned 18, 3 months later. I didn't like to talk to Ralfphhhh on the big white telephone very much.

A stray beer (Grolish) every 3 or 4 months works for me.

Anyway I get a large charge from making wine, mostly from wild berries.

People I give it to seem to think it is good wine, some say excellent.

I make about 125 gallons a year. Other than to taste it I don't drink the stuff.

LOL, Boyd this post was not about your post. There was a spammer posting on here earlier that made some derogatory remarks. I deleted his post and he was banned. Sorry for the confusion.

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

If this is in answer to my last post, I am not anti-alcohol related beverages.[/COLOR]

I just don't drink much of it cause alcohol doesn't like my body very much. Uncle Sugar sent me to Japan when I was 17 and I tried to learn to drink like the big boys and it didn't work very well. Pretty much gave up trying before I turned 18, 3 months later. I didn't like to talk to Ralfphhhh on the big white telephone very much.

A stray beer (Grolish) every 3 or 4 months works for me.

Anyway I get a large charge from making wine, mostly from wild berries.

People I give it to seem to think it is good wine, some say excellent.

I make about 125 gallons a year. Other than to taste it I don't drink the stuff.

LET ME SEND YOU MY ADDRESS BOYD! :h

Sipping on a 2008 Amarone curtesy of Wade (not sure who was the kit maker). Its been one of those weeks at work etc.

In short very, very pleased. The wine is well integrated. Tannins are now soft and subdued. Nice notes of cigar box. Hints of smoke, tar, licorice and incense linger on a tightly wound finish.....

Well done!

Opened up a Cheeky Monkey shiraz that i bottled in April. It has smoothed out a great deal since I bottled it. Very enjoyable now.

The wife and I polished off a large chilled bottle of my blueberry/lemon wine (Skeeter Pee) last night. Johnna says it has "dynamic drinkablility"! Who says SP is only for summer?!

Wait, ibglowin! Did you say smoke and tar??? :s

<jk! I know what you're saying!>

Tonight i have a gallon of H/M orange&honey wine :ib ready to drink
and a pint or 4 of EDME lager it will be a :gn

I have not fully decided yet, but I will prob have some Cab Sauv or perhaps some Malbec.

pear wine

I started my pear wine in mid aug. bottled in Feb. Can't wait till Aug or sept to drink my first bottle.

Tonight i am having a bottle of H/M banana with a hint of gooseberry wine :b
and a couple of pints of EDME Lager. :gn drinking

drinking my concord/cranberry. I need to make some more of this!

drinking my concord/cranberry. I need to make some more of this!

That sounds interesting, Julie. Was this from fresh juice or concentrate?

What did I drink today, dang I can't remember. By 11:00am I tested and tasted over 25 tanks. Then I came home tonight and and played/tasted Red Plum, seyval and Marquis. The Marquis has a very interesting taste.

That sounds interesting, Julie. Was this from fresh juice or concentrate?.......

frozen concentrate, for a 3g batch I used 6 cans of concord and 3 cans of cranberry, sg 1.084 and backsweetened with 1 bottle of corn syrup, 2 cans of concord and 1 can of cranberry.

Back