What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went hunting this evening for abit down by the creek at our house and got a nice fat 8 pointer will be a very welcome addition to our freezer soon as I clear out a bit of room for him

Had meetings last night and tonight. Taking a half day vacation today so I decided to bring the bike in this AM. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it was 32 when I left my house this am. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh well going up to 60 and I'm outta here at 10:30.

well finally got the frost grapes going got 4 gallon of must going may have more but for now it'll do

State holiday today so I'm off from work. Got up early and enjoyed listening to the quite of the house before everyone started moving around. All I could hear was the sound of the various air locks in the kitchen bubbling along. Very calming and nice. Now, she has the TV hollering at me and it's way to dang loud!!!

Why do we let a guest in our home (the TV) holler at us? If it was just me, I would throw it out on it's ear!

Have to go shopping later today but am going to pick up everything I need to start the strawberry chocolate port. Will get that started later on.

Thank you to all our Veterans! I am thinking about your sacrifices for our freedom today and praying for you all. It is because of you that I can type those words in this forum. We will never forget.

Thank you to all our Veterans! I am thinking about your sacrifices for our freedom today and praying for you all. It is because of you that I can type those words in this forum. We will never forget.

Amen to that. Remember to thank a service member today if you see one. They are serving our country so we and enjoy the freedom we do.

taking the kids to the local remembrance day ceremonies, it's nice that I'm not on parade this year so I can take my kids and get them to know what that'a all about...

Relishing in my freedom.
I live in Birmingham, Alabama which holds the nation's oldest and largest Veterans Day celebration.

Hooah!
Hooah!
Oorah!

Take every chance you can to thank a veteran, not just today, but every day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sipping a glass of Skeeter Pee on ice while I rack my 6-gal batch of Blueberry. I added oak cubes just over a week ago; since I prefer only a very light "oakiness" I decided it was time to move the batch off the oak. It really tastes great, probably the best results I've ever gotten with blueberries.

I'm eating some mouth-watering backstrap with some steamed brocolli with mashed potatoes talk about yummmmmmmmmmmm

$.68 investment

oh had to show my $.68 investment

1113101403.jpg

Started 6g of elderberry ... BTW, NEVER trust zip-lok bags :-(

Another day to take my mother to see her sister and brother inlaw in town.
We try to take her in at least every couple weeks to visit and shop the weeks inbetween.
The inlaws are in their late 80's and mom is in her early 80's.

Nothing wine related EXCEPT this PM will be "tasting"
Gonna see Mom in the hospital this afternoon

oh had to show my $.68 investment

1113101403.jpg

At 68 cents, that's cheap ammo for a good punkin chucker. Bonus is that you can still use the busted pumpkins for wine. Just put a buddy down field with that bucket and tell him to catch the punkins for you.

Mom's are nice to have around enjoy them and Dad's while you have them, lost both of mine years ago dad in '84 and mom in '89 but hey they were good while I had them a PITA but still loved them

Yeah, I went shopping with mom today, then I gave her all 3 kids for the night! LOL! Quite evening for me... yay!

Latest posts

Back