What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slices. It's real sausage, not the garbage that chains sprinkle on what they call pizza. This is a non-chain parlor, owner is there every night.

It's not cheap, but it's worth the cost.

Frank's, my hometown place, is still owned by the founding family and was once ranked #7 in the country and was an originator of the style of pizza known as Quad-City Style. Walking in the joint is a trip back in time, as nothing int here is newer than the early '60s and the only accepted payment is CA$H. It is packed, every single day. The only way to get Frank's pizza is by going there, and people who have moved away devise elaborate schemes to get half-baked pies frozen somehow and transport them to their new homes states away. One guy lined the cargo area of a minivan with Styrofoam, laid dry ice in the bottom, and FILLED IT with half-baked pies to go to Texas, where a group of Frank's fans awaited the haul. Everything in the place and the building was paid for in the 1960s – it's a freaking gold mine. There is no other pizza that tastes like this – 100% made on the premises.

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 3.13.15 PM.png

I tried cold brew coffee for the first time while in Valdosta visiting my son. We moved furniture from his apartment to his house, and stopped at a Starbucks as I wanted coffee. It was a hot day, hot work, so I tried a cold brew instead, and liked it. Too much sugar, but I can fix that when making my own.

So yesterday I made a quart of home brew. This afternoon I'll experiment with making a drink with it.

Once this batch is gone, I will make 1.5 quarts to use in a coffee mead, which I couldn't start as we were traveling frequently and I had other things interfere. My plan is use the 1.5 quarts cold brew in place of water, and add 2 cups of espresso. I expect to bottle as off-dry to semi-sweet, depending on how it tastes. This first batch will be 1 US gallon, as I'm not sure I want 3 or 5 gallons of it

Yesterday, did a pork butt on the smoker. We like the smoke flavor so I use smaller pieces.
Cut the grass and finished all the work outside.
View attachment 88924
Today & rest of the long weekend. This is my spot, I not moving the whole weekend.
View attachment 88925
That’s a lot of open space between the house and the Water. Is that where the vineyard is going?

Working from home today. Yesterday afternoon my allergy cough had a tickle to it, so with 18 covid tests around the house, I decided to try one.

6-1-22_test_number_2.jpg

Kind of wishing I didn't! So far so good, feel good, a bit of a stuffy nose, and occasional cough and a sneeze or two. Just don't like being home, too many easy to reach food options! Trying not to drink beer during the week, this situation definitely makes that more difficult. Haven't cracked one yet, but a Sam Adams Boston Lager keeps whispering to me when I open the refridge door.

Working from home today. Yesterday afternoon my allergy cough had a tickle to it, so with 18 covid tests around the house, I decided to try one.

View attachment 89077

Kind of wishing I didn't! So far so good, feel good, a bit of a stuffy nose, and occasional cough and a sneeze or two. Just don't like being home, too many easy to reach food options! Trying not to drink beer during the week, this situation definitely makes that more difficult. Haven't cracked one yet, but a Sam Adams Boston Lager keeps whispering to me when I open the refridge door.

Aww, Craig, sorry to hear that! Good luck, buddy!

Latest posts

Back