What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@heatherd I was referring to AJ's wife. Fingers crossed she does see a single one this year, for AJ's sake. We want him to continue making wine.
Buddy, I am over a week post crush- now transferring and pressing. Your well wishes are kind, but a bit late.

there’s a good reason I suggested some apple cider vinegar! .......will just leave it at that.

Buddy, I am over a week post crush- now transferring and pressing. Your well wishes are kind, but a bit late.

there’s a good reason I suggested some apple cider vinegar! .......will just leave it at that.

Weirdly, there is no problem with fruit flies here in California. Fermenting in primary, in my garage, they are just not a thing. But down the line, once the pomace is in the green waste can, there are clouds of fruit flies. Not sure why. Sounds like @Ajmassa is still tortured by fruit flies. My condolences. Funny, I can remember raising fruit flies back in the university days. Now, they're the enemy.

thanks to today’s thread on Chitosan, I followed and watched a 30” webinar on issues related to reducing microbiological activity - that then prompted me to treat 45 litres of twelve month Pinot Noir. It was an amazing video - certainly has tipped me towards fining - which I have previously avoided ....

Last edited:
An Ejwox hydraulic press for $600 just posted by Jim Gearing to the Washington Winemakers list. I would jump on this and Heatherd's AIO wine pump if I wasn't having sinks installed instead.

You're either digging a shallow grave or replacing part of your walkway...
Ill accept that! No walkway. Not yet at least.
I am thinking it has to do with Arsenic and Old Lace?
A reference I’ll need to read up on to understand. But at first glance I think it’s kinda right on point!

So If ever in the neighborhood feel free to stop on by. Just be sure not to fall into........

...The Gates of Hell! 😈🔥
(Halloween & horror movies are sort of our thing.)
9B9A68A6-579C-4613-9350-E8A8DFB5C1EB.jpeg

Last edited:
A reference I’ll need to read up on to understand. But at first glance I think it’s kinda right on point!

Fun fact: the first time I ever saw Arsenic and Old Lace (which is kinda in the "canon" of American theater production) was at 3301 Solly Ave. (before I was HS aged).

Latest posts

Back