What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just stirred up the Dragon's blood variant (I think this one will be 'Mango Tango') and Cherry berry blend (To be blended with Rhubarb for a 'Double Trouble, Part Deux') that I pitched yesterday. And to keep from falling too far behind, that means I have to pick, chop and freeze the rest of the rhubarb. And I have 8 gallons each of concord grape and sour cherry that are ready to be stabilized prior to blending and bottling, so I see a lot of bottle washing and sanitizing in my immediate future. And the sour cherries are ready to pick... Long weekend looks to be a busy one! May try juicing the cherries and canning the juice as well as freezing a bunch.

A bachelor for about a week. Son who is in the AF came to visit from Florida. He drove through the night and met up with my wife and kids at the MIL place (Grandmas). My work is so strict, even if he shows no symptoms I can't show up on site at work. So I'll meet up with them at a cabin that my brothers and sister own up in the middle of nowhere next Thursday. Fortunately the county we're visiting has single digit COVID cases (maybe zero, not sure).

So for the meantime it is me and my older daughter at home. Just happened to find a long enough cable to run from my laptop to the receiver in my garage, so playing a few songs to usher in the weekend. Some Clapton, Mellencamp, Eagles, Creedence, Zepplin...you get the idea. I think I need another beer!

Edit: forgot to mention Lynryd Skynryd.

Last edited:
This is not wine related but I just had my paver driveway, sidewalk and patio cleaned, repaired and re-sanded with polymeric sand. I had quotes from two companies that ranged from $13,000 to $14,000 (did not include the patio) for the job. By searching out companies and individuals that did the parts of the job and drafting Mrs. Rocky and one of my grandsons and doing a lot of the grunt work myself, I got the entire job done for less than $2000 (including all materials). It may not be perfect but saving $11-12K sure is. A bonus in all of this is we also did our patio which was not included in the above quotes. I have to sand the last (repaired) portion and I will post some pictures later.

Here are some pictures of the driveway, sidewalk and patio. They do not do the job justice because you really needed to see what the pavers looked like before. There were so many weeds I could have mowed my driveway. The patio was so discolored you could not tell that the pattern was a basket weave. I got a lot of dust from the polymeric sand on the surface and I am thinking of having the cleaning people back to scrub it off. Probably wont as time will wear it away and, after all, it is a driveway and not an interior tile floor.
100_1558.JPG100_1559.JPG100_1556.JPG100_1557.JPG100_1561.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back