What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched this last night.

Was very good as well. Not long also, like 90mins runtime. Nonstop action. Good performance by Tom Hanks. Lots of U-Boat hunting!

Watched this last night.

Was very good as well. Not long also, like 90mins runtime. Nonstop action. Good performance by Tom Hanks. Lots of U-Boat hunting!

I watched on Friday. I thought it was OK. I suspect there is a ton of footage on that cutting room floor. Still trying to figure out why Elisabeth Shue's character was even in the movie. Did enjoy getting the historical perspective on what if must have been like making those Atlantic crossings.

Desperation for a roll with Tom Hanks? Yep, did not add much to the movie really.

Not certain, but I'm thinking they maybe had footage that spent some time on character development (of many characters), but chopped most of it. Otherwise, could've made for a long movie.

Perhaps trying to "humanize" Tom Hanks in some way. The biggest suspension of belief was Tom Hanks (age 63) trying to play a Captain of a Navy Warship. Lots of Grecian Formula for Men may have been consumed as well as digital smoothing of wrinkles.....

Not certain, but I'm thinking they maybe had footage that spent some time on character development (of many characters), but chopped most of it. Otherwise, could've made for a long movie.

At this point I am debating, 🤠, humm

This year’s harvest of green gooseberry is 4kg so I could do a straight gooseberry wine. Reading the ten pages that come with the WMT search function raisin and white grape blends are popular. Other than @BernardSmith there really aren’t a lot of opinions about gooseberry.

do I blend? , , ,do I run it straight to see what I can get out of 100% gooseberry?
. , . , . humm . , . , .

At this point I am debating, 🤠, humm

This year’s harvest of green gooseberry is 4kg so I could do a straight gooseberry wine. Reading the ten pages that come with the WMT search function raisin and white grape blends are popular. Other than @BernardSmith there really aren’t a lot of opinions about gooseberry.

do I blend? , , ,do I run it straight to see what I can get out of 100% gooseberry?
. , . , . humm . , . , .
Can you make it straight, and blend after?

Can you make it straight, and blend after?
At some point I will, probably after the red gooseberry variety starts producing(blush wines are attractive).

At this time have played with the 2020 gooseberry. It has a pH of 3.44 (excellent), TA of 3.10% (ought to dilute with something by 3 or 4x), gravity haven’t pulled one out it is thick and pulpy off a press (2019 was 1.036). The thought at this point is to use a kilo as an unidentifiable/ mild flavor, acid source for a watermelon wine.
The TA will take a bit of planning.

A few weeks back, I dumped half of my 2019 Viognier back into a carboy because I was getting a chill haze. At that time, I treated it with bentonite. Today, I racked off the bentonite, re-filtered and bottled. I started chilling down a bottle about an hour ago - crossing fingers the bentonite was successful. All this after I did a midday run in 94 degree heat (it's currently 97). The run wore me down pretty well, and the racking/filtering/bottling just finished me off. I have some chicken ready for the grill, but I'm not sure I want to venture back outside. 🥵

Yeah, glad my wife wanted to get the one room cleared out that she has to paint. Switching rooms so the "girls" can have the larger room (more stuff = more space). Only problem was once inside coming outside was quite the shock. 96 with a "feel like" temp of 104. Fortunately the humidity didn't come up as much as they thought, yet. Dew point only 69, when it gets into the 70s it can get pretty oppressive.

Can't imagine running in this, I take my walk before sunup, can you run then?

I know, you're young, but be safe!

Can't imagine running in this, I take my walk before sunup, can you run then?

I know, you're young, but be safe!

I can certainly run earlier, but I chose to have some wine for dessert last night, so wasn't feeling up to it first thing this morning. 🤣 I'm not as young as I used to be. Funny you mention that. My wife decided to come with me today (on her bike). After a few attempts to 'talk' that didn't go well (between the running and my headphones, talking isn't a good activity), she pushed ahead. When I got to the point where I told her I was going to turn around, she was nowhere in sight. Lot's of other ways back home from there, so I figured she was just looking for a change of scenery. About half a mile from my finish, a fire truck and ambulance came screaming by. I didn't know what to make of that, so finished up as quickly as I could. Fortunately, when I arrived home, her bike was in the garage.

I did find myself crossing the road a few times today, just to get on the side that had more shade.

Power's been our for about an hour and a half. Nasty, nasty line of storms came through. Still thunder and lightning pretty consistently out there and it's been almost two hours now. Fortunately, the temperature has dropped about 25 degrees, so all we have to worry about for now is the humidity.

@mainshipfred: Do you have power?

Power's been our for about an hour and a half. Nasty, nasty line of storms came through. Still thunder and lightning pretty consistently out there and it's been almost two hours now. Fortunately, the temperature has dropped about 25 degrees, so all we have to worry about for now is the humidity.

@mainshipfred: Do you have power?

Never lost power at my office or house, was a wicked storm though.

Latest posts

Back