What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Dyersville Iowa with my grandson at the Field of Dreams movie set(Carson and his mom). During the tournament they had a home run contest which he won(12 year olds). A special moment for us as he hit the ball 15-20 yards further then the other competitors. Most of his home runs were 1 bounce and then into the corn behind the outfield.

1593966034146.png

Friday night is booked. The perfect movie for this pandemic where you wake up everyday and it feels like the same before that and the same before that..........

Friday night is booked. The perfect movie for this pandemic where you wake up everyday and it feels like the same before that and the same before that..........

Looks pretty good - a new take on Groundhog Day.

So I started unpacking my winemaking stuff and all seems to be here and intact EXCEPT all my bucket lids. No clue where they disappeared to but I have a couple of cheapie, quickie Orchard Breezins Kits coming monday and needed something. I found some lids at Uline that are supposed to be airtight called Gamma Seal Lids (in the left of the photo). Pretty cool design, snap ring with o-ring and threaded to take the center piece also with o-ring and thread. It's been a couple of years and I'm looking forward to fermenting something again even if it's just for some summer drinkin.

winemaking stuff.jpg

We have two of those as well. They are fantastic. Have to admit I have not shocked myself yet!
Had one previously that lasted for about 2 years. Took a shot while trying to fix it one time. But no, never did it intentionally lol.

However, I cannot say the same regarding the wife’s taser. But that tends to happen with the combination of
good friends + good wine + “Hey is that a taser over there?”

All done and ready to roll, a couple of kits look to be arriving Monday by Fedex, we'll see how well it works Tuesday!
View attachment 63419
WOW! I want one! That is beautiful. Hey, what are you doing next week? Maybe instead of starting your kits, you could come make one of those for me. :h

Just finished doing some cleaning, organizing and checking inventory for the upcoming crush. Some of the whites should be coming in the end of August. Would like to start blending but the fall 19's are still changing on a regular basis and I think it would be better to wait another few months to see how they develope. I really have until the beginning of the year when the 20's finish MLF, then I will have to bottle to create the floor space in the cooler I need for them.

Also had a nice visit from @Cynewulf. Hopefully us Virginia folks can get together at a winery sometime soon.

Really nice rain shower here, so no watering this evening. After services did some work for work, then headed to my brothers' place to pick up his steam carpet cleaner. Wifey has been painting rooms, kids swapping rooms, two girls to the larger room and single boy to the smaller one (older son in Air Force, he'll sleep on the couch when he visits next). No explanation necessary for the guys on this site (girls need room for stuff for you girls who don't realize it). Couldn't believe the "waste" water, could probably use it to repaint a grill or something it was so dark.

Latest posts

Back