What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful work, Paul. Nice job on the tile floor, too.

Thanks! I didn't take a picture of it, but I was able to get the rust off nearly completely with some CLR eventually.

RE: The 'Stillers', Yes, and I am afraid it is going to be a very, very long time before they are ever back again. You can't win in the NFL without a QB and a coach that knows what he is doing.

Ahh, they'll get their bite at the apple soon enough!

The sink looks great but I'm jealous over the radiator.

My goodness! I had to go back and look at the pix to see if there was something I was missing.

I didn't see anything, so I conclude that you just dislike forced air heat? Yes?

BTW, my heat is one-pipe steam, not hot water. I like it fine, but would prefer two-pipe hot water.

Years ago I lived in a house with a 2 pipe hot water system. It has moist heat so you don't get a static shock. I used to love sitting on them and sometimes had to put a towel down first. Had to google to see how a single pipe steam worked, interesting! The only down side is you need a separate system for cooling.

Had to google to see how a single pipe steam worked, interesting! The only down side is you need a separate system for cooling.

Indeed, you would. We don't have cooling! But... we live in Milwaukee, fairly near Lake Michigan. ("Cooler by the lake" is something of a catchphrase here, because that phrase is almost always tacked on to summer weather forecasts.)

Wifey not feeling good, so for Valentine's Day, I just finished watching 'Sour Grapes' on Netflix. Incredible the amount of money that was spent (wasted) on those bottles of wine.

Had similar ideas a few years ago, at a point in time, when I was still doing kits, I was using my old kit juice bags to hold top up wine for my barrels. Drilled a hole and installed a spigot in the cap, kept it in a 5 gallon bucket. Eventually went to smaller bags, just easier to handle.

Nice! Do you know what the water temp is? Keep warm!

No. And I don’t wanna know what is was either!

Are you plunging? I go to ours every year but just to watch.

Smart man! I wasn’t sure if I would actually. Game time decision. Im down with my bros. and their families as well. All the kids were going in but no parents were. And, I mean, somebody had to step up right?! Lol.
I did. I went in. And HOLY F#%*KING SH*#!!! Still numb! The youngest, my nephew Lorenzo was crying for an hour afterwards lol!
1st time actually goin in for me. Polar Bear plunge wknd down here is like Mardi Gras tbh. So I figured a little homemade red wine wouldn’t hurt anyone. Finally used my 99¢ ‘emergency purposes’ corkscrew from my glovebox too!
Wine went great with the cold. The bottle request list got pretty long. I take it with a grain of salt tho. Ya know, since everyone’s pretty drunk and likely already forgot. [emoji16]

My money is on AJ going for a nice dip! Go AJ! Then off to the Carousel.

I woulda said that’s a suckers bet. It’s frigid today man! But maybe not since it didn’t matter lol. And maybe you know me too well.
We made the rounds after just as you said. Our main spot at The Carousel. (My youngest brother bar-backed and tended bar there for years.)
Also stopped by The OD club. la Costa. Pretty much a party on the streets. Everything overlaps into each other. Hard and heavy early. Then everything is actually shut down & closed by 8:00pm.

I Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG
Sidenote - Ozzy thoroughly enjoyed his first time on the beach just now. (So did mom. Both of hers were put down recently only a few months apart. 16yrs and 13yrs). Been a Great day
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

I woulda said that’s a suckers bet. It’s frigid today man! But maybe not since it didn’t matter lol. And maybe you know me too well.
We made the rounds after just as you said. Our main spot at The Carousel. (My youngest brother bar-backed and tended bar there for years.)
Also stopped by The OD club. la Costa. Pretty much a party on the streets. Everything overlaps into each other. Hard and heavy early. Then everything is actually shut down & closed by 8:00pm.

My sole regret is that I can only like that post once! That is just plain awesome. :try

Here is a look at what Polar Bear Plunge looks like in Milwaukee (always Jan. 1). On the plus side compared to you, the water can only get to 32ºF (Yours can get a bit lower.) On the downside, the air temperature is generally quite a bit lower than yours. Also, running 30 yds or so over ice just to get to the water isn't much fun!

I always marvel: If you asked someone on what day of the year is the beach most crowded in Milwaukee, you would not be likely to guess Jan. 1, but that is the correct answer!

IMGP4278.JPG copy.jpg IMGP4276.JPG.jpg

Latest posts

Back