What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's pretty cool, they are all grape growers that sell to different wineries, but they keep some of their grapes back each year and make a few hundred liters of a couple different wines. They have a name and a label for their stuff which is only for internal consumption.

Today was time to rack our rose's. (chambourcin and St. Vincent), they were down to 1.000. Then I punched down our Chambourcin red grapes and measured them, they were down to 0.994. I was surprised I still had a little bit of a cap. Ended up with about 26 gallons of Chambourcin and 12 gallons each of Chambourcin and St. Vincent. Had to sample some of all of them. The Chambourcin was wonderful. The other two were showing some promise. MVIMG_20190927_165541.jpegIMG_20190927_180602.jpeg

Started building a kegerator/keezer for beer and possibly wine.
I'd like to have 3 beer/ciders on tap, and 1 wine (on nitrogen or beer-gas rather than plain co2) evenually.
For now just 1 tap, couple beers made will be kegged tomorrow.20191002_210809.jpg 20191001_212914 (1).jpg

Just took reading on the Merlot, Grenache and Touriga and they are finished enough to press tomorrow. This morning the Norton is getting picked and I will pick up around noon as well as some Petite Verdot that has already been crushed and the enzymes added and just found out the Washington State Cab Franc will be in one day next week. That should take care of this year except for enlarging my cooler needing to be enlarged.

Long story made short: Woke up last August 28 to find my mouse moving and a copy of TeamViewer opened on my computer. I'd definitely been hacked. Older versions of TV do have a vulnerability that can be exploited, even if it's not running - so beware. I shut down everything and haven't had it on since. Just got the new computer this week, so I'm reloading stuff this weekend. I must say that I didn't even have the desire to start another batch of wine during this time, but after getting caught up with all the posts here on the forum, I'll be kicking off a batch this coming week. I owe ya's!

Just took reading on the Merlot, Grenache and Touriga and they are finished enough to press tomorrow. This morning the Norton is getting picked and I will pick up around noon as well as some Petite Verdot that has already been crushed and the enzymes added and just found out the Washington State Cab Franc will be in one day next week. That should take care of this year except for enlarging my cooler needing to be enlarged.

HA! Thought you didn't think you had room for WA grapes this year. ;)

Long story made short: Woke up last August 28 to find my mouse moving and a copy of TeamViewer opened on my computer. I'd definitely been hacked. Older versions of TV do have a vulnerability that can be exploited, even if it's not running - so beware. I shut down everything and haven't had it on since. Just got the new computer this week, so I'm reloading stuff this weekend. I must say that I didn't even have the desire to start another batch of wine during this time, but after getting caught up with all the posts here on the forum, I'll be kicking off a batch this coming week. I owe ya's!

What is TeamViewer and why was your house moving - earthquake?

TeamViewer is used for Remote Access of another computer - I used it for accessing my dad's when he (occasionally) yelled help. And it was the mouse pointer that was moving around on the screen, all by itself just exploring things. Not a pleasant thing to see when taking those first sips of coffee.
And after leaving SoCal, hoping the days of a moving house are behind me!

I'm in the same boat. Or I'm going to Jay's Brewing tomorrow to buy a carboy.

I have an extra 7 and 5 gallon which I'll not use this year. You can borrow one or both of them if you like. If you do decide to go to Jay's could you see if they have Vintner's Harvest R56 yeast.

Crushed the Norton this morning now getting ready to press the others.

Racked all the 2019's this morning. Didn't want to wait so long (a week since press), but sometimes, life gets in the way. Two batches of Zin - one with RP15 and one with BM4X4. Two batches of Touriga/Tempranillo/Syrah - one with D80 and one with D254. After all was said and done, I've got 14.5 gallons of the Touriga blend and just shy of 15 gallons of Zin. I also racked the 2018 H3 Merlot. It's very fruity, and coming along quite nicely. Had a glass of that leftover which I'll enjoy with my lunch.

Thanks for lending me those carboys, @mainshipfred.

Last edited:
Taking a well deserved day off! We've been working on the house every day since Sept. 23rd, Yesterday was my 62nd birthday so today we rest. Planning on ordering a new bedroom set for the master bed room, smoking some babybacks, making some type of slaw and then enjoying a few beers on the patio this afternoon. Less than two weeks till we move in.

Taking a well deserved day off! We've been working on the house every day since Sept. 23rd, Yesterday was my 62nd birthday so today we rest. Planning on ordering a new bedroom set for the master bed room, smoking some babybacks, making some type of slaw and then enjoying a few beers on the patio this afternoon. Less than two weeks till we move in.

Happy belated Bday!

Speaking of too young, that I am not. Still recovering from closing our cabin up North this past weekend. We did have good weather (never got below freezing) but found out Sunday morning that our roof is leaking in several places during torrential downpours that started Saturday evening. Was a good weekend as both my younger brother and I needed a break from reality. For the most part it was a successful, the only hard part is coming back to reality. Both he and I have been grumbling back and forth on text messages. It's already Tuesday evening, getting closer to the weekend, but we won't visit our favorite place in the world until next Spring. Makes the Winter seem a bit longer and colder.

Latest posts

Back