What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the support. Abby & I did get to bottle a Merlot and a Pink Pino together before she passed. It amazing how one totally devoted pet can make a grown man cry. I miss her so much I guess I’ll have to update my avatar

Proof that all dogs go to heaven.

64936421_868712923505209_6108155209647652864_n.jpg

Out of boredom, after seeing local cherries on sale, I thought I'd start a "CherryCello" experimental batch since I'm not set up to make any wine now. 5 lbs of cherries, couple cups of sugar, 750 ml 190 proof Everclear and let it set. Stemming and Pitting 5 lbs of Cherries is the "Pitts" as they say but hopefully worth it.
CherryCello.jpg

I've been digging for 3 days, but got the area cleared where we are putting in a patio, under some of our trellised grapes. It's about 13*18.
Got it filled in with gravel today. Will compress it tomorrow or Tuesday, then lay the interlocking brick.

Also took my dad and father in law to a CFL football game in Friday night for belated Father's Day. CFL is mostly like NFL but bigger field, bigger balls, and 3 downs instead of 4.
20190630_202849.jpg 20190628_193101.jpg 20190628_193033.jpg 20190628_193303.jpg

Getting ready for,
1. Lemon Lime
2. Blueberry Mint
3. Strawberry Rhubarb
4. Cucumber Lime Catulop
My head is spinning with the desire to make these wines
I have the Strawberry Rhubarb going now! My test batch was a big hit with friends and family so making a larger one now. I like your idea on blueberry mint too. I have mint started and was looking for more ideas on a blend.

Blah, spent yesterday evening uncorking 60 bottles of muscat that were popping corks.
This was my 2017, and as the 2018 is almost ready I'll probably combine them into one batch. Question is do I label it 2017 or 2018, or both?

Went to the big blue box home improvement store today to pick out materials to rebuild a side of picket fence that is sorely in need of replacing. Dang lumber is not cheap any more. 65' of cedar pickets, post, rails, sackrete is over $1K and that is without screws and cedar stain. Took me two hours just to pick through the pickets and lumber as its all so hit and miss in quality as well.

Made a really nice find though in the garden center I must say. Not a bad patio planter for $40!

fullsizeoutput_3dfb.jpeg

LOL We need to diversify from being just a one horse town which is fine when the budget is up (like these days) but not so good when the budget is down. Tourism could be just the ticket to smooth out the coaster. Our problem is that we are not really on the road to anywhere and we are sorta remote. This was the reason Oppenheimer picked this area. It was miles from either coast, on the road to nowhere and hard to get to. Somethings never change. Lots of natural beauty in this poorest of the poor states. From White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns in the south to ABQ, Santa fe, Chaco Canyon, Bandelier National Monument, Valles Caldera National Preserve and the new Manhattan Project National Park here in the north. Plenty of skiing of course in the winter as well. Happy to help anyone with any travel ideas or plans. :)

Careful, Mike. You may end up with a lot of unwanted visitors. I know you've got me looking, and I've been hooked on the mid-atlantic and southeast forever.

LOL We need to diversify from being just a one horse town which is fine when the budget is up (like these days) but not so good when the budget is down. Tourism could be just the ticket to smooth out the coaster. Our problem is that we are not really on the road to anywhere and we are sorta remote. This was the reason Oppenheimer picked this area. It was miles from either coast, on the road to nowhere and hard to get to. Somethings never change. Lots of natural beauty in this poorest of the poor states. From White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns in the south to ABQ, Santa fe, Chaco Canyon, Bandelier National Monument, Valles Caldera National Preserve and the new Manhattan Project National Park here in the north. Plenty of skiing of course in the winter as well. Happy to help anyone with any travel ideas or plans. :)

I like the skiing (snowboarding), I like the mountains. Not sure if I'd miss the coast too much though.

We're experiencing our first full on heat wave here in AZ. The Phoenix area hit 115 yesterday and the temps are expected around the same for the next 7 days or so. Luckily here in the High Country (we're at the lower edge of that area) our temps are much lower. We did finally make it to the 100 mark yesterday by a half a degree or so but the biggest difference is the cool off at night, we're still getting into the 60's vs the overnight "lows" in the high 80's or even 90's down south and west of us. It's very comfortable for taking our morning walks. We even got my mom, in her early 80's, who's out visiting for a while up to a mile 5 days a week. Pic from the park yesterday morning after the gardeners knocked up some dust.
sunriseDust.jpg

Latest posts

Back