What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been shoveling the wonderful *#@&% snow for the last week. @Boatboy24 reminded me of all my used bottles waiting for a lazy afternoon. Spent the time removing labels and wondering why I put the expensive ones on the bottles I was only going to drink. Looked nice at the time, but removing them all made me break the calculator out. I have switched to self-printed labels since these.

Last edited:
Awaiting a visit from a contractor.

Last night, our dear youngest child started an 'experiment' in the hall bathroom upstairs. He turned on the water in the sink, with the stopper closed and proceeded to walk down the hall to grab something out of his room. It was at that time, he forgot about the running water. Several minutes later, he emerged and heard 'rain'. He ran down to the living room, then remembering he'd left the water running. Big old brown stain on the living room ceiling and probably a bunch of water damage under the bathroom floor. :(

I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids...

I think your floor will dry and be fine. At worse you may have to remove and replace a part of the ceiling depending on how much water actually got on it. Recommend resealing around the toilet and base to the floor tile. Tell Brian he owes you several punch downs and non stop cranking of the C/D. Oh wait, that's not punishment to him.

Getting the house in shape to sell. We bought the place five years ago, in anticipation of having 3-4 kids living at home and my MIL moving in.

Well, she doesn’t want to move down after all and my last kid is going away to college this summer. Love the place, but it’s just too damn big for two people.

Don't be too hasty, trust me, kids come back home.

I think your floor will dry and be fine. At worse you may have to remove and replace a part of the ceiling depending on how much water actually got on it. Recommend resealing around the toilet and base to the floor tile. Tell Brian he owes you several punch downs and non stop cranking of the C/D. Oh wait, that's not punishment to him.

I was laughing earlier today thinking this is the same kid that was 'driving' your lift around your warehouse. :D

Mrs IB gets her wish for a full snow day!

52583887_10218774732824457_3445454032213114880_n.jpg

On the weekend I made some beef jerky, a pork shoulder, and then pork rinds from the skin I trimmed from the shoulder.
This weekend I plan on making sausage for the first time.

Attachments

• 20190217_135407.jpg
    20190217_135407.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 20190217_104441.jpg
    20190217_104441.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20190217_172854.jpg
    20190217_172854.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
Took the day off so I didn't have to drive in this stuff, looks like they predicted correctly, for once, so I'll have to start shoveling the wifey a spot after lunch. Supposed to turn to sleet later this afternoon. At this point it's really coming down, maybe four or five inches so far on the ground. Guess I forgot to bring in the Weber kettle, oh well. At least it's supposed to approach 60 by Sunday and melt all this s@#t. Planning to make sauce this afternoon and cook up some chicken parm for dinner. Oh, and maybe drink a beer or three.

Mike, tell Mrs IB to stop wishing for snow days!

2-20-19_snow.jpg

LOL Yea not a good week around here for any outdoor grillin'. We ended up officially with 14" from this storm and we now have a 2nd storm aiming for us sometime Friday.......
I put the grill up on the porch and do fine. We shouldn't approach your 14", I hope. Get her to wish for bratwurst to fall from the sky or something normal.

LOL She throughly enjoyed her Snow day off (with pay) yesterday as well as the day off (with pay) on Monday (presidents day) and the day off (with pay) on Friday (9/80 work schedule) .....

Wednesday (today) is her scheduled day to "work from home" so 6 days without having to actually go into work, not too shabby.....

I put the grill up on the porch and do fine. We shouldn't approach your 14", I hope. Get her to wish for bratwurst to fall from the sky or something normal.

LOL She throughly enjoyed her Snow day off (with pay) yesterday as well as the day off (with pay) on Monday (presidents day) and the day off (with pay) on Friday (9/80 work schedule) .....

Wednesday (today) is her scheduled day to "work from home" so 6 days without having to actually go into work, not too shabby.....
Nice when a plan works! My wife had to go in today. I half-heartedly said I'd drive her in, but at 5 am it hadn't started yet. She took clothes so she could stay at her Mom's place if it gets too bad tonight. Just slowed down here a bit, I measured and we have 6" so far. 7" was supposed to be the upper end, so I hope they were right. I'm taking a pre-shoveling break with a Warsteiner Dunkel to build up my strength a bit (just isn't working very well on the resolve part).

Edit: oh, this is lunch...tastes so good! Much better than the St Pauli Girl I had for breakfast.

She took clothes so she could stay at her Mom's place if it gets too bad tonight.

From Mike: https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/post-a-meme-any-meme-no-politics.64837/page-46#post-717301

51464677_10156837200040149_3449607789574356992_n.jpg

I'm taking a pre-shoveling break with a Warsteiner Dunkel to build up my strength a bit (just isn't working very well on the resolve part).

Edit: oh, this is lunch...tastes so good! Much better than the St Pauli Girl I had for breakfast.

Umm, you 'kay, Craig?

We arrived in Cottonwood 2:30am Monday morning driving in through a winter storm advisory, not too bad really but.... starting tonight we're expecting a very serious, for cottonwood anyway, storm. We're in our new rental but the moving truck has still not shown up and with the storm approaching I expect we'll be sleeping on blow-up beds again tonight, eating from paper plates and doing our best to make it like a camping trip or sleepover. I bought a couple of cheap pans and some preseasoned chicken and beef, frozen stuffed potatoes, canned chili, canned soup and sandwich stuff, lots of cocoa mix and powdered coffee and of course plenty of beer and wine stacked up and ready to consume. We do have one small TV and direct TV just installed the dish but said it'll go out once the storm hits. My understanding is that this amount of snow is very rare here so we'll just sit back and enjoy it. Will take some before and after pics to share tomorrow, let the storm begin!
emptyHouse.jpg

Latest posts

Back