What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the birds were flocking on them and picking them apart, I hope they get drunk and wary of the garden so they'll leave my veggies alone this year.

Oh, yeah, because after your first hangover, you never touched a drop of the stuff again, amirite? :)

I’m cleaning carboys out getting ready for tomorrow. Wife got a job at our local school as cook, tomorrow they are serving strawberries, she asked if I could use the left over juice. I have no idea what I’m getting .......... chef’s surprise?

Did something I’ve been meaning to get to for quite some time now.

Printed out the morewine guide to red winemaking.... all 75 pages. And NOBODY in the house has any idea where the holepunch is. Figures. View attachment 53341

Just go to Home Depot and buy a drill and bit. LOL!

Made the decision to dump my second wine. It's a Syrah/Zin juice bucket blend from 2017. Made too many rookie mistakes. Used acid blend instead of tartaric, sulfited before starting MLF, the Zin was never that good in the first place and my first dump was another 2017 juice bucket Zin. What ever else I did or didn't do caused it to have too high a level of VA for my liking. Even though my cupboard (wine rack) is still bare I have no regrets and chalking it up to experience. There are too many promising wines in the pipeline.

You should have one of these for your wall as well!

AVA_front_v04_11-16.jpg

Got some motivation and did some long-overdue tidying up in the winery, then bottled the 2017 Malbec (first of the 2017's to get into bottles). It is dark, brooding, fruity and delicious. Honestly don't think it needs much time in the bottle, but will try to stay away for at least a few months.

Got some motivation and did some long-overdue tidying up in the winery, then bottled the 2017 Malbec (first of the 2017's to get into bottles). It is dark, brooding, fruity and delicious. Honestly don't think it needs much time in the bottle, but will try to stay away for at least a few months.

Is it Chilean?

Well, not what I did today, but last night, and it was quite enjoyable. Wifey got us Fleetwood Mac tickets for Christmas, on the floor, on the center aisle, 8 rows off of the stage, incredible seats. Went with two other couples to New Orleans, with a driver, had dinner at a trendy new restaurant downtown, and headed to the concert. Though we’re all getting older, they were still awesome, Stevie doesn’t have the moves she once did, but she can certainly still sing!! Great night for sure
C2344D21-8676-44D8-92CA-D20EC8DBE8B1.jpeg

Well, not what I did today, but last night, and it was quite enjoyable. Wifey got us Fleetwood Mac tickets for Christmas, on the floor, on the center aisle, 8 rows off of the stage, incredible seats. Went with two other couples to New Orleans, with a driver, had dinner at a trendy new restaurant downtown, and headed to the concert. Though we’re all getting older, they were still awesome, Stevie doesn’t have the moves she once did, but she can certainly still sing!! Great night for sure
View attachment 53394

Great show I bet, would love to see them. Although my first introduction to Fleetwood Mac was before the Buckingham Nicks. Probably not everyones music genre. One of my favorites although slow is the second like.

While tidying and bottling yesterday, I came to the realization that I have about 12 cases of empty bottles downstairs - about 10 of them still have labels on them. Knowing that I have 8-10 cases in need of bottling in the next month or so, I decided to take baby steps and just handle a case each weekend morning for the next few weeks rather than break my back in an all-at-once effort. Knocked out the first dozen earlier and it was completely painless. Basketball games and baseball clinics for pretty much the rest of the day and into the evening.

Boatboy24, I think I may have kicked my addiction to boat-building, and since your name suggests some linkage, you may get a grin from it. I wanted badly to build another boat from CLCBOATS.COM, a 11 foot strip kayak, but too many decotate my garage now. So I've started a series of wine brew events with the dewberries (sweeter and less acid than blackberries) that will fruit in late April. Last year the dewberry wine was excellent, and a dewberry mead now only one year old is clearing and smells like a real perfume. So it is two amarones, no more whites, then dewberry wine and mead until August when the muscadines ripen. I sure will miss building another boat, but I'll drink myself out of the notion.
Beached on Deer Island_1200.png

Getting the house in shape to sell. We bought the place five years ago, in anticipation of having 3-4 kids living at home and my MIL moving in.

Well, she doesn’t want to move down after all and my last kid is going away to college this summer. Love the place, but it’s just too damn big for two people.

Latest posts

Back