What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving is a pain, 10 days left in California.
At the end of our move, we had a ton of packing paper and boxes which we tried to give away. Ended up renting a U-Haul to take it all to the recycling company. 440 lbs in all, for which I received a whopping $8.80. Best of luck with the move - It'll all be worth it when you stop saying, "Honey, have you seen the ____"?

Just had my annual fire inspection at my shop where I make my wine. Recently I finished the walk-in and did not put a sprinkler head in it which is required since my building is sprinklered. I guess I'm safe for another year. Whew! For those that don't know a single head in my area is around $3,500.00 minimum.

Just had my annual fire inspection at my shop where I make my wine. Recently I finished the walk-in and did not put a sprinkler head in it which is required since my building is sprinklered. I guess I'm safe for another year. Whew! For those that don't know a single head in my area is around $3,500.00 minimum.

So, the inspector let it slide? I'd expect a fire in there would be pretty much contained.

Met a few former co-workers for lunch at Coopers Hawk. Mediterranean Shrimp and Viognier makes for a very, very happy day.

LOL House prices are a little wacko out there aren't they. We were cracking up trying to figure out what came with the house for that amount of money! Thats a complete tear down.....

Looking at it, I couldn't come to terms with 9k for a teardown, much less 900k. Looks like 1/32nd of an acre. I thought real estate was bad here...

So actually you are getting not ONE but TWO lovely houses for that price! The lot size is actually 1/3 acre which is a BIG lot in LA these days. This is definitely a tear down and someone is going to build something worth 2-3 MILLION on the lot. Something where a large multigenerational family could live. This is life these days in LA. Its a huge melting pot.

Looking at it, I couldn't come to terms with 9k for a teardown, much less 900k. Looks like 1/32nd of an acre. I thought real estate was bad here...

Last edited:
Depends on the pipet you get the drop from, but in my lab at work it is around 30 drops per ml for water and like substances. Should give you a starting point.

I have always been skeptical of using glycerin (even though I have a gallon) just because I can't find any conclusive information of the long term taste in aging. I've always liked the idea of the perception of sweetness though. Since this topic I've been looking into it again and it appears 1 oz gallon is a starting point. So I converted mg to oz and it's 28-29mg/oz. I have 5 gallons of a wine I'm not crazy about so I'm going put it in a 3 and 2 one gallon carboys and add 30ml and 60ml to the one gallons and let the 3 stay as it is.

I have always been skeptical of using glycerin (even though I have a gallon) just because I can't find any conclusive information of the long term taste in aging. I've always liked the idea of the perception of sweetness though. Since this topic I've been looking into it again and it appears 1 oz gallon is a starting point. So I converted mg to oz and it's 28-29mg/oz. I have 5 gallons of a wine I'm not crazy about so I'm going put it in a 3 and 2 one gallon carboys and add 30ml and 60ml to the one gallons and let the 3 stay as it is.

Bench trials?

Cleaned out the chest freezer before work this morning. Dumped 8 frozen press cakes into the garden, 3 Koch Cab, 3 Clone 169 Cab, and 2 Merlot. These were the cakes from my Lanza grapes in '16, but never got used as intended to enhance some kits. Before leaving for work, they were already thawing and the birds were flocking on them and picking them apart, I hope they get drunk and wary of the garden so they'll leave my veggies alone this year.

Latest posts

Back