What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After church I'm heading down to Fulton County, PA to hunt some family property with my black powder.50 caliber side lock. I expect to have a twelve pointer on the ground no later than 10 minutes into first shooting light Monday morning. Am I setting my expectations to low? :D

Planning a long awaited Christmas video fest with my youngest daughter. I know she's missing my wife being gone all week, so I promised some popcorn and a video of her choice. I was hoping to get Polar Express, but I think she has other plans. I know she's looking forward to it, which warms my heart, since my wife would usually have the honors. Nice to know she likes spending time with Dad! Just so she doesn't make me dress up in those Elf jammies...

And, what is the best wine with popcorn, or should I stick with beer?

Maybe a buttery Chardonnay [emoji3]

A new adventure unfolds. Two weeks ago, I retired from Ga Dept of Corrections after 30 years of service. I've enjoyed my 2 week retirement [emoji3] and will be starting another full time job tomorrow morning. Completely different work with all new people. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
I have 4 equal 6 gallon buckets of Norton from grapes using 4 different yeasts with the same nutrients Each bucket is filled to about 5 gallons. I innoculated last Wednesday. They all stopped at 1.002 - 1.004. What do you think is up? The temp has been 75*.
What was the sg when you started.

Here is what I am NOT doing today. Today, I am not fermenting anything in primary.

From Nov. 4 until last night, I have had something in primary continuously. First, Syrah from grapes. Then, a batch of sloppy seconds from the Syrah. Finally, at that point my Viognier juice bucket had come in. Everything is now in secondary. (In the case of the first-run Syrah, it is literally in secondary, as the MLF buggies are bubbling away. The rest are in "secondary," that is, finishing up AF.)

I am kinda happy to not have open juice bubbling away; can't believe I am saying this, but it was starting to get old!

I am kinda happy to not have open juice bubbling away; can't believe I am saying this, but it was starting to get old![/QUOTE]

I felt the same way when my first all grape batch was finished. Today since I have a lot of sediment in my Norton. I'm going to rack and add some of the sediment to my Syrah, still keeping a good bit of sediment in the Norton until the first of the year to make sure MLF completes. I could never get the MLF started in the spring Syrah so with a couple rackings there isn't much sediment left. I may also put some of the sediment in the fall Barbera which also isn't showing any signs of MLF starting and was all juice.

As far as feeling the same way I still can't wait for spring.

I'm just cleaning up the wine room today, I've got about 70gal of wine still yet to bottle, would like to get it done some time next week. Holy........I also have 1000lbs of frozen must arriving next week!

One of these "fine" aircraft left us stranded at LAX for 9 hours......... Supposed to get in to Kauai at noon on an 8AM flight. Made it finally at 10PM last night....... Still feels worth the wait this morning for some reason!

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

Last edited:
One of these "fine" aircraft left us stranded at LAX for 9 hours......... Supposed to get in to Kauai at noon on an 8AM flight. Made it finally at 10PM last night....... Still feels worth the wait this morning for some reason!

777?

My money is '67. Almost the same as the page number of this thread! :)

Is the 767 a wide-body? I thought the second pic was the triple 7 based on the wide body and seat-back screens.

Edit: never mind - I see the 767 IS a wide body.

Yea, top pic was a "vintage" 767-300. Broke down immediately after we pushed. We had to be rebooked this time through Honolulu (much more passenger traffic) and this plane was a brand spanking new Airbus A330. Super quiet. They gave us an upgraded coach class seat assignment with longer legroom which was actually pretty nice.

My wife and I have wanted a fireplace in our living room for a long time, so I'm adding it in this week.
Got a used direct vent natural gas unit. Spent Friday using a rotary drill and chisel to break a 10" hole in the side of our house. Ran the exhaust there and terminated. Today I hooked up the gas to check for leaks and all good so far.
Need to finish a couple bits of framing tomorrow then start prepping for the stone work.

Attachments

• 20171201_152459 (1).jpg
    20171201_152459 (1).jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20171203_154624.jpg
    20171203_154624.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back