What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My oldest is 6 and he likes to shoot my .22 rifle. Actually, he asked to shoot me the Tac-Four a couple days ago, but he's not quite ready for a .45 yet. :)

That is pretty cool your daughter is involved, Wade. At 6 my oldest isn't quite old enough to run any power tools, but he does drive nails like a champ. He'll have some interesting skills when he grows up, that's for sure. Just remembered, there was a girl taking my major in college, which was building construction. She was a class behind me though, so I don't know her name, but all the guys called her "chicken parts". She was pretty cute. And could hand cut dovetails, too. Fast.

Gotta go pick raspberries. It's raining here, but berries wait for no man. The birds don't either for that matter.

Well if it wasn't on the table in the first place NO ONE would have to worry about getting hurt .

Just making the point that the gun itself does no harm. It is the irresponsible person that picks it up and puts their bugger picker on the bang switch while doing something unsafe.

Responsibility and education are key when it comes to safe gun handling. This education in my opinion needs to start when children are young so they can grow up and not be afraid of an inanimate object. We teach our children to wear their seat belts, we teach our children to stop, drop and roll in the event of a fire. Do we wake up every morning and think "Hey today sounds like a good day for a fire" or "hey, I'll get into an auto accident"? I doubt it but we teach our children to be prepared and to know what to and what not to do, but yet when it comes to firearms some people have an automatic fear. I just can't figure that one out. The gun will do no harm by itself, it takes human intervention for the gun to do anything.

trying to stay out of the way of the weather.....

Heat index 102-108 today
Tornado watch for the next few hours.. ... :ib

Think I need to ..... :dg:dg ....... just to stay cool.......:b

Just making the point that the gun itself does no harm. It is the irresponsible person that picks it up and puts their bugger picker on the bang switch while doing something unsafe.

Responsibility and education are key when it comes to safe gun handling. This education in my opinion needs to start when children are young so they can grow up and not be afraid of an inanimate object. We teach our children to wear their seat belts, we teach our children to stop, drop and roll in the event of a fire. Do we wake up every morning and think "Hey today sounds like a good day for a fire" or "hey, I'll get into an auto accident"? I doubt it but we teach our children to be prepared and to know what to and what not to do, but yet when it comes to firearms some people have an automatic fear. I just can't figure that one out. The gun will do no harm by itself, it takes human intervention for the gun to do anything.

Couldn't agree with you more :b

ran errands..went to drop off resumes ..got caught in DOWNPOUR...came home cursing...ran more errands....caught in rain again...came home cursing ...again

i wanna go back to work....

running errands all day two vehicles in the garage..agggg. Got another ton of rocks for the pond I've been working on. I think about two more tons and we'll be done.

Worked today. Took the clients bowling. Waiting for Kat to get home from work so we can get Tris from day camp and then make dinner.
Going to Wine Me Up to drop a bottle of my Pinot Gris off to the owner and maybe have a glass or two there with some friends.

WOOT WOOT!! jsut popped the cork on my peach!! last time i nearly died from rocket fuel taste! now its much more mellow sooooo nummy now...ok ...its got a ways to go still but dang was good! bottled this stuff in feb

I have to take a few days off from woodworking and design some labels for all the wine I have bottled and ready to shelve!

thats the fun part! i <3 designing the labels!!! i use a free program called inkscape..a bit twitchy to use at first but i really like the resutls i get!

Alright, now Im pissed, the program I used to use all the time wont work now since the comp breakdown. I guess this program need something with Internet Explorer 5 and Im on 8. I dont know why it needs it as the program doesnt go online or anything. I dont even use IE so if there is a way of ridding the computer of IE8 let me know. I tried downloading version 5 but it wont install due to the newer version b eing on this computer. I really dont want to learn a new program as this one was easy and also had a few features that most others dont with the exception of bigger programs that need lots of skill in that area to run. i have Photoshop CS but thats pretty complicated. I guess Im going to have to try and figure it out. I really need to be able to do cut outs of certain parts of a picture.

Well i guess not much for me. I bathed my kilju in warm water to get it all excited and in the mood to eat some sugar. I also went to Ruby Tuesday and ate a salad plus Tilapia with shrim and sauce plus rice. It was pretty good. And now im at home washing it all down with milkwine. yum.

Thanks Mud, that was exactly what I needed and my program is running again. The program is Picture It 7.0 which is from Microsoft Works 2002 so its pretty old but its the easiest program out there for cuting out parts of a picture or just an outline and leaving everything else there. It also has tons of features for doing text and backgrounds. Love ya man, you saved my label making experience.

WHOOO HOOOOOOOOO MUD to the rescue!!! im glad ppl can figure that stuff out, im so lost on fixing software problems!!!

<assumes heroic pose on backlit mountaintop> I think my work here is done.

^^^LOL^^^

yay about to go to the beach!!! WOOT WOOT!!! as soon as i drag DNW away from the work stuff! :)

YEEEEHAAAWWWW had a blast at the beach yall!!! got a little bit red but dang i had fun! cant wait to go back!

"Jugged" some skeeter pee today (not bottled). I used all the plastic juice bottles I could find.

Back