What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been skillfully keeping my wife from ordering a new laptop online all day since I picked her up one last night, but planned on giving it to her today (early b-day present). We have a "date" to go try some keyboards out this weekend so she can pick what she wants for her birthday. She has no clue she's getting one tonight. She did have me worried earlier today as she found out she got a discount because of where she works on HP and Dell computers. I figured she'd need a 30% discount to match what I bought, so I'm feeling okay about the purchase. Best of all she has been aiming pretty low end, so this model should meet her needs plus a bit more. Also found out the tax return comes Monday, so the timing is pretty good too!

Edit: Gave it to her just before dinner (she hadn't decided what to eat since she is foregoing pizza during her alcohol fast) and she has yet to eat or even enter the kitchen. I think she's happy. I'll get to have a non-computer conversation with her in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Besides the routine farm chores, I am working on transplanting seedlings to solo cups. So far I have 279 plants transplanted. Today I am mostly working on transplanting Carolina Reapers. I wish I had a greenhouse, I do this every year, and every year I say I am going to cut back. My quest room is full, my kid's windows are full, all attic windows full, porch full. I still need to plant tomatoes yet.:sh

Besides that I was asked to drag out and clean, and wash the limo for prom tomorrow and to get to the garden shed to get a garden hose I had to shovel snow away from the door and then drag the hoses over a 6ft snowbank that has decided to soften up and I fall through waist deep and become stuck. Then proceed to freeze to death trying to get it washed. Do you think children have any idea what we do for them? Needless to say I will be needing that wine later today.:dg

I enjoyed a beautiful spring day in Atlanta attending seminars and touring Ga Tech with my son. After today, I think he will accept the challenge of attending up here. [emoji106]

:fsh
I enjoyed a beautiful spring day in Atlanta attending seminars and touring Ga Tech with my son. After today, I think he will accept the challenge of attending up here. [emoji106]

On a full ride scholarship I hope:h

Besides the routine farm chores, I am working on transplanting seedlings to solo cups. So far I have 279 plants transplanted. Today I am mostly working on transplanting Carolina Reapers. I wish I had a greenhouse, I do this every year, and every year I say I am going to cut back. My quest room is full, my kid's windows are full, all attic windows full, porch full. I still need to plant tomatoes yet.:sh

Besides that I was asked to drag out and clean, and wash the limo for prom tomorrow and to get to the garden shed to get a garden hose I had to shovel snow away from the door and then drag the hoses over a 6ft snowbank that has decided to soften up and I fall through waist deep and become stuck. Then proceed to freeze to death trying to get it washed. Do you think children have any idea what we do for them? Needless to say I will be needing that wine later today.:dg

And you'll deserve it. What is the limo?

Brewing 5.5 gallons of beer. Racked/degassed 6 gallons of 3 berry wine. Thinking about racking 2 3qt. carboys of apricot mead. I need to be careful though. A beer, ~6 oz berry wine and another beer opened, and I'll mess up my beer. My son and family are coming up this summer, so I'm trying to get my pipeline up a bit. By the way, it was 40* today when I got home. Yea! Summer weather ;-)

And you'll deserve it. What is the limo?

It is a 1989 Lincoln town car limousine. We bought it when all the 6 kids were still home. Needed a vehicle that we could comfortably go on a trip and have a trunk for luggage. Got tired of being a can of sardines in the Suv. My husband and I loved it, put the partition up and no hearing the arguing and when the car started rocking, you knew the movie was over. :) Just the one kid left, so he's using it to pick kids up and they are going out to eat for prom.

Friends sons came over and we built 65 ft of retaining wall, some more pruning.

Tonight is the inaugural night party for our local Stemilt Creek winery's new reserve wine and meet the new winemaker:ib

Oh, and: :db:db:db:db:db

IMG_0089.JPG

Zested about 5 dozen Eureka lemons which are now steeping in a blend of 2 liters of Everclear and 2 liters of 100 proof vodka for this year's batch of limoncello. I might add more next weekend. Debating starting a batch the same size with Meyer lemons and blending some of it with a little of the Eureka. The house smells wonderful!

:fsh

On a full ride scholarship I hope:h

I wish, but in Georgia we do have two academic scholarships available via lottery funds. The Hope and the Zell Miller which pay most of the tuition cost. It doesn't cover room and board, meal plans, or other fees. It should cover about half of total cost.

Pitched yeast for a one gallon Pinot Grigio kit last night airlock has been active today.

Latest posts

Back