What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having a sad day today guys. Our operations manager, John, 57 years old, my coworker and friend for more than 13 years passed away at his home last night. We believe he had a heart attack. I'm having a difficult time with it. He and I were like an old married couple here. We busted each others chops constantly, joked and laughed constantly, and occasionally fought like hell with each other. He left work yesterday at 5PM, stood in the doorway to my office area holding his jacket and said "I'll see you in the morning". I said "Goodnight John, I'll see you in the morning." For some reason this comforts me that we said goodbye to each other. I'm not doing so well holding back my tears.
Larry

Sad to hear the news Larry. ALWAYS LIVE AND ENJOY TODAY! Laugh hard and often and love those close to you. I'm positive you will remember him always!

Larry sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It's never easy to lose a close buddy. Funny how things happen like you guys says your last good byes and not even knowing! God works in mysterious ways. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and John's family.

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. And there is nothing wrong with shedding a tear for a friend.
Part of our problems today is that very few care enough for their fellow man.
As we grow older friends get few and far between, cherish the memories you have of your friend.

That is terrible Larry but Im glad you didnt say goodbye on a bad note. There is nothing worse then agueing with someone and never having the chance to apologize, unfortunately I know what that feels like. :(

Sorry to hear about your friend Larry our pray's go out to you and your friends family

Everyone - Thank you for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I appreciate it. I have read these type of sad postings on forums in the past and wondered why would someone post this? Now I know why.

Larry

Just got back from picking up my daughter from daycare. Tonight I will be working the local festival at the FD booth. I'll be there from 5:30 til 11:00.

Should be a decent year for the festival weather wise. Last 2 years were terrible.

I'm having to "bach" it tonight. The wife's hours got screwed up and she has to pull three days in a row that are 11am till 8pm.
So that means I'm up to no good drinkin' more than I should.

I will be MIA for a while yall, gonna drive to luisana and rescue the granny from her grandchild LOL my daughter and i will be back next week!! YAY i get to see my girl again saturday!!!! DNW choose to stay at home so i will do this damned 46 hour trip all by myself......ok ok i lie ...when i come back north ill swing in and grab my mommy and bring her home with me ..so the last 10 hrs of my drive i will have some help!

i leave tomorrow morning

46 hours,,, wa cha complaining about...
That's two days and gives you 2 hours of sleep...
My kind of road trip.

LMAO oh no hun!! i shall be stopping n sleeping!!! NWIH i can drive it straight thru! not with out a relief driver neways!

Latest posts

Back