What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@vernsgal, Today I have to cap and label these. I thought I did good bottling my Pinot Noir and Merlot from the fall of 2014. I don't do caps or labels unless I gift them. Bakervinyard

I have too many different ones not to label lol. Also it's my hobby so ,most times, I enjoy capping and labelling them

I don't feel like I finished the job until the wine is capsuled, labeled and placed on the rack. Just did the Luna Bianca on Tuesday. We tasted it with dinner last night. SWMBO really likes it - more than the oaky chard from last year. I told her that taster will have to tide her over a couple months.

Picked up 6 gallons of Carmenere and 2 lugs of grapes this morning at Consumers, the family helped destem, only took an hour or so. Yeast starter, enzymes etc added. Couldn't have gone any smoother so far. Used 71-B yeast and will age on heavy toast French oak. Trying to replicate a deep earthy Carmenere with a fruity back drop, time will tell!!

Just whipped up some Tzatziki sauce and chicken marinade. Greek chicken pitas for din-din tonight. My parents and my mother-in-law will be joining us. After what feels like an eternity, the sun is shining. :db

... After what feels like an eternity, the sun is shining. :db

Don't blink, you may miss the sun. Looks like rain off and on starting tomorrow through Saturday. Gotta get the lawn done today or I'll have to cut and bale it next week.

Edit: shouldn't have said that. Went out and had a flat tire on the garden tractor, tube broke in the right front. Fortunately I have a Tractor Supply about 15 miles away, got a new tube (actually 2, left front has a slow leak), now watching youtube videos to remind myself how to get the fricken tire back on w/o putting a hole in the tube. Should have just bought a new tire assembly for $49.99, would have been much easier.

Last edited:
Bottled my Shiraz today. It's hard to see in the photos but I used a red colored bottle. I think it goes nicely with my labels. I had a large glass left over to sample! Yes, I know it's too early to drink it, call the wine police! :p
Time to put these bottles to bed for a year or so. :sl

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

IMG_4606.JPG

Sanitized bottles and backsweetened the Mango wine from last year. Catawba is ready for bottling and Battlefield Blush will be backsweetened for bottling on Saturday....

Had #2 Chemo today. Also got the Newlaster in the new arm device.

Pressed my Carmenere this morning before everyone in the house woke up,ended up with 7 gallons total. Will rack tomorrow morning, add mlb and oak.

Last edited:
Looking at the radar, yard work isn't looking too promising this afternoon. Front coming through around 2pm. Was planning on racking this morning and cleaning some bottles, then my daughter came down to my dungeon and announced that my wine kits showed up. I ordered an OB Cranberry Craze for my wife, since it is still her favorite and she only has a few bottles left. So since she ordered one, I ordered one from LP since it was 40% off (got a SE Vieux Chateau Du Roi). Was expecting the LP kit since I get shipments the next day when I order early, two days if I order after they close. But the MoreWine kit I wasn't expecting since it is free shipping, but dang, it was sitting on the front porch too!

Now I have to hit the store and get a few odds and ends that I threw into the OB kit last Spring (I wonder what I was thinking on some of them) and will probably make it when the front comes through and re-wets the yard. I can go out now and do some trimming/weeding until lunch and put a partial check mark beside that one. Tomorrow should be nice (and cool) so it will be a good day for my fat body to do yard work and complete that checkmark (it's all about the list).

Nice when a plan comes together, although it wasn't the original one.

Edit: Got the trimming and 3/4 of the lawn done, plus some of the neighbors lawn that I measured at 14". Squall line just hit, so yard work done. Time to take a shower and head north to pick up my Son (at work) and hit the Giant on the way home. Hoping this rain is out-a-here by grill time. Would love to do some pork shish kabobs for dinner over charcoal.

Last edited:
Racking, additives, cleaning, my 1 gal experiments are killing me! So much work for 1 gal! And I have 4 more 1gal to go ugh that is till I move on to the 5 gal carboys and I have 2 LE kits on deck! Good thing we got shitty weather today! :ft the only time I like shitty weather is when all my wine is calling for my attention lol goodluck Tom. Best wishes

Latest posts

Back