What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delabeling bottles. I have 3, maybe 4 batches to bottle before the end of the month to make room for the Chileans.

Weather permitting, we are supposed to have the boys' first baseball games of the season this afternoon. But it's been raining and snowing on and off for the last couple hours.

Last edited:
after inviting myself in to ffemt's house, eating his pizza and drinking his wines, I ended up taking a day of vacation to do some side training work and finished up today. The rest of the day is to be completing taxes and prepping for a wine tasting tomorrow.

Delabeling bottles. I have 3, maybe 4 batches to bottle before the end of the month to make room for the Chileans.

Weather permitting, we are supposed to have the boys' first baseball games of the season this afternoon. But it's been raining and snowing on and off for the last couple hours.

Well, they closed the fields, so no games today. It's cold and windy out there - not a nice day to be outside. So I've decided to cook up some comfort food. Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight. Just got back from the store and about to whip up a batch of meatballs and some sauce. Then let it all simmer for the remainder of the afternoon.

Had field clean up day for my son's home baseball field. Problem is the rest of the team didn't show up. We helped a few of the coaches from other teams clean up, boy I'm tired. Back is tightening up too, will loosen with some alcohol this afternoon.

Picked up a london broil to do tonight with twice baked potatoes and a vege. Figuring out what red wine I'm going to add for the marinate, I've got a few to choose from, probably just a boxed Cab Sauv I use for topping up.

Moved my SE Valpolicella kit just now. Went from a mexican glass to a better bottle, so I had a pretty hefty glass for samples. Tasting pretty good for only being started last November. I can pick out some unusual but good aromas, I think from the dried elderberries that came with the kit. Will wait a while until I make the decision on any more tannins, pretty good at this point (adding 6 lbs of used Dornfelder skins appears to have helped the nose a bit too).

Time now to get off my duff and bottle a Pinot Grigio kit I degassed last weekend. Need to make room for Spring juices.

Edit: 29 1/2 bottles of Pinot Grigio bottled. Cleaned up and now have the grill going with the London Broil. Twiced baked taters are in the oven. Bagged salad being bought by my wife hopefully on her way home from cleaning/organizing her Dad's old place so they can sell it, eventually.

Last edited:
Taking my coffee downstairs and about to get the Sauvignon Blanc Rose underway. Then church, followed by lunch. This afternoon, we have a short hike with the cub scouts, then I'll mow the lawn and grill a nice steak dinner.

Our tenth anniversary is next month. Just booked a trip to take Mrs Boatboy to the gulf shores of Clearwater Beach for a few days.

Wish you the best! Went thru it in 2008 . Be strong, eat as healthy as you can. Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition.
:ft
This is 2nd time around. Did chemo last yr for same thing (prostate). It came back

Had my Son's first baseball game this evening. Was nice until the sun went down. When I was looking up directions to the field the other night, I noticed that the vineyard where I got my grapes last fall was about 200 yards up the road.

So after dropping my Son off at the game, went to visit Jeff, the owner, and see how his fall wines were doing. Got a taste of a few nice white blends, a really nice Cab Franc/Cab Sauv/Petite Verdot blend and a nice oaky Pinotage, first time I had every tried that grape varietal. Had to stop there or else I'd have issues driving home. Only visited for 20 minutes or so (he was in the middle of a backhoe project) and the game lasted until 8:15 pm, so I was fine by then.

... so, a little play time for your son, and a little play time for you as well! I just bet that the game was far more interesting once you did a little "Sampling"!! :)

Back