What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celebrated another birthday (not mine)with some besties! Honestly, good food and good company is amazing. But we also added a good 3d documentary with of course,wine.

Just bottled my 4th or 5th batch of skeeter. It is getting to be summer and people love it when it gets hot. :HB

I've start a WE Island mist raspberry merlot yesterday for hot summer days. Hope it'll taste good.:ib

We enjoyed our own Vidal Blanc, a Conneaut Cellars Pymatuming Rose and a Raspberry Acres Fredonia this evening after a fish dinner at the local church. Bottling 40 gallons of our General Braddock (Catawba/Fredonia blend) and 65 gallons of our own Cranberry Pomegranate tomorrow.

Racked the Lanza Cab from the garage. Oldest's last basketball game of the season, then some yard work.

After our twice a month men's breakfast, went over to a friend of mine (a mentor in reality) who is cleaning up his house/barns etc because they sold the house and are moving to be closer to family. We cleaned out some old wine he had stored (sherry at this point) and he gave me a few carboys (2 x 5 gallon, 2 x 3 gallon, 2 x 7 or 8 gallon open fermenters). So I'm cleaning those up and thawing the 16 lbs of red and black raspberries he had frozen from last years harvest. So now I'm surfing this site for ideas on how many gallons to make and what ingredients I need to think about using. My big one is yeast, only have BM 4x4, EC-1118, KV-1116 and Cotes des Blanc.

Have plenty of time to do some research, raspberries are thawing with some K-meta, will add Pectic enzyme before bed tonight. Will probably pitch yeast if the temperature is good tomorrow afternoon.

Smoking a brisket and some ribs today along with cleaning out the garage. Probably a few brews or some wine later.

So I'm cleaning those up and thawing the 16 lbs of red and black raspberries he had frozen from last years harvest. So now I'm surfing this site for ideas on how many gallons to make and what ingredients I need to think about using.

Have plenty of time to do some research, raspberries are thawing with some K-meta, will add Pectic enzyme before bed tonight. Will probably pitch yeast if the temperature is good tomorrow afternoon.

I use 7-10 lbs of fruit per gal. in my fruit wines.

Today I gave up on 2 very cheap kits from Costco. One a shiraz ,the other a red zinfindel.I tried giving these some oomph but after a year and a lot of additives the chemical taste these kits put out were still just too nasty.12 gal down the drain.
Good news, it emptied 2 more carboys for me ( I'm picking up my 2016 kit order at the end of the month)

Holding down the household tonight. My wife flew out of here like she was a witch on a broom, or a bat out of hell, not sure which. Her Dad apparently had a heart attack today, didn't tell anyone until this evening. He's in the Cath lab at Hershey Med Ctr tonight and they think his old stints have clogged up and that is why he's having the issues. We were trying to figure out where to celebrate his 91st b-day tomorrow, so I guess those plans are out the window.

Scary thing for me is that he is in better health overall than I am yet almost 40 years older. Guess I've gotta drink a bit more red wine to work my heart into shape.

Hope your father in law comes through ok.Hopefully he's well enough to enjoy his Birthday
Hubby only has 1 of those stints but I worry about it always.

Thanks Kim.

He had one of his stents blocked 100% and that is what caused the heart attack. So they fixed that and are doing tests this morning to determine what heart tissue was damaged and how much, but he was alert when she left at midnight last night/this morning. Sounds like he's through the bad part at this point.

His birthday is Tuesday, so if he doesn't get home maybe a small cake and the grand kids will cheer him up at the hospital!

Back