What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug thats looks very nice. I also made four of my other racks when I first built my wine cellar. I over built as usual knowing I would always have plenty of space for my wine. WOW WAS I WRONG!! I added six wall racks (27 bottles each) over X-mas and now this one. I BLAME IT ALL ON TOM AND WADE! We need more friend like them. It would be way to dangerous if we all lived in the same town.

My storage area is very rudimentary at this point in time. I'm hoping over the summer for frame off an area and "finish" it in the basement for a "wine closet" (for lack of better term). Our house is 109 years old and my basement ceilings are barely 7' tall with out pipes and ductwork in the way. I was planning on eventually closing off under the cellar steps for wine storage purposes.

You're probably right about it being dangerous if we all lived in the same area. Still being new to this I haven't had a chance to build up a supply but we are slowly working on it. I'll get 4 more juice buckets in the fall and whatever fruit wines I decide to make over the summer.

I will have a few things that can be brought to the get together in July, whoever gets them may just have to wait a month or so to drink if they desire to do so.

Wow Tom, just read your post earlier. You are a machine when it comes to making wine! I've gotta step up my game! haha

I'm going out to a apple orchard this weekend, hopefully getting around 200kg's worth. Building a bucket press, as my "project press" is still a long way off being completed. Then plugging in the spare deep freezer, chucking all the apples in there and hopefully juice will be the final product before the end of Sunday!

But today I am heading off to Bunnings to find some suitable buckets!... after my accounting class, damn haha.

LOL,
You "must" have checked "fermenting" in my signature.

Wait, fresh fruit is getting in season and I do ALOT of fruit wines with or without my steam juicer.

Sounds good Tom, you should take a photo of all your carboys together, I reckon that'd look crazy.

I'm saving up my pingers and slowly finding cheap carboys second hand on the net. Need to find a bigger place tho, I've run out of room where I live and have started doing it at the gf's house hahaha

It's the end of our fruit season here, so trying to start stockpiling juice to keep me busy over winter..

Had a party today at work to celebrate the retirement of a fellow worker. We sort of had the same thing last week but it wasnt scheduled very well and not many could attend. My limoncello was a big hit here after a few vrews and some food.

Sounds good Tom, you should take a photo of all your carboys together, I reckon that'd look crazy.

I'm saving up my pingers and slowly finding cheap carboys second hand on the net. Need to find a bigger place tho, I've run out of room where I live and have started doing it at the gf's house hahaha

It's the end of our fruit season here, so trying to start stockpiling juice to keep me busy over winter..
I have them in THREE different rooms... LOL

"PINGERS" ?? was dat?

Today, I am doing ..............nothing.........well maybe bottling some one gallons that I have aging. It has been another crazy week but instead of work it was home. First it's running around looking for a car for Megan, found her a jeep liberity for a sweet deal and then my son Steve's truck breaks down and he decided enough of the nickle and diming so we are out looking at trucks. Last night everyone got there new rides and I am done with everything that goes with buying a new car. Whew!

Today, I am doing ..............nothing.........well maybe bottling some one gallons that I have aging. It has been another crazy week but instead of work it was home. First it's running around looking for a car for Megan, found her a jeep liberity for a sweet deal and then my son Steve's truck breaks down and he decided enough of the nickle and diming so we are out looking at trucks. Last night everyone got there new rides and I am done with everything that goes with buying a new car. Whew!

I feel for you. I just realized I forgot to drop my daughters car off at the shop this morning. I'll blame her, she mentioned that she would take it down yesterday and then she went out.

Half day today, taking the bike to get inspected then for a ride before picking up my daughter from daycare.

Enjoy the day Julie, it's suppose to be close to 80.

This morning I helped a friend put a liner in his new pond. Then we went to a rock quarry and picked up a ton of rocks for the ledge (thats just a start, we'll need about 6 ton). Then I went to an old farm auction and picked up a 5 gal carboy for $12.00. I keep kicking myself though (ouch). They had what looked like a small fruit press and it was in brand new condition but old. The tag on it said cheese press. I don't know anything about cheese making but this could have been used for pressing something small like berries. It sold for only $17.00. Damn it was cute enough if not for anything else an ornament. Tonight I am going to a local nursery for a cocktails/container party. You bring your own container or buy one from them and they will help you design and plant it with what ever flowers you buy from them. This is held after hours by registration only. To heck with the plants I'm going for the cocktails and horderve's. I did tell them I would bring a couple bottles of my wine also.

Heading out to pick a few more berries. I hope the spot that I've only picked once will produce decent again.
I've found that after really picking an area hard three times, you have to cover a lot of ground to get a good bucket of berries. That means a lot of scratches.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a good day, going to some big patch on the farm my brother works on.

picking up DNW at the aiport this afty, hes been in floridia visiting his family. His brother retired wed for the airforce. so the fam had a huge get together!!
friend brought her dog by last night for me to puppy sit , and the puppy and my dogs are gettin on great!!! gotta work on potty training but even after just a night hes doing better so i see potential in him and laziness in my friend LOL!!! gonna have to give her hell for this! i was scared that at 5 months and not trained yet he was gonna be a "slow" dog....nope its all my firends fault LMAO!!!
may have to try n steal the dog from her cuz i love him already LOL!!! ive got two HUGE labs who weigh close to 80lbs .this little guy is only 5lbs soaking wet!!! normally hate small dogs....but hes not yippy , hes not (overly) hyper, and he listens!

not getting IT on dan, need to send u the corner for that LOL!!actually we will be breeding our labs again next summer, she had her last litter right before thanksgiving 08. and they make the cutest pups!! weve got a waiting list for the next litter already. our vet actually is top on our wait list LOL!!!

Planting zebra and blue grasses, then off to add a hose bib to end of the house. Someday it will supply a sprinkler system, but for now I get to play lawn ornament with a hose every evening.

Mowed the lawn before the rain started. Put up my deck awning, uncovered and got my fountain going, uncovered my Chiminea fireplace. (All in the rain-can't afford to waste the day). Now we are heading out to a party. Time for a brew.

Larry

we've a huge storm, with gale force winds, heading our way tonight.

making sure everything is tied down and plenty of firewood inside.

got the candles and stuff organised in case the power goes out.

Latest posts

Back