What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to warn you... bill is talking about driving down Friday as well. Not looking forward to 14 hrs of driving alone .. i cant leave til 12:30 saturday due to Halloween and puppy class.

Lol, thanks for the warning, actually mike and I were talking about that. I need to talk to Bill to see what time he was planning on driving down

What happened to Bill's gloves?????????

Eddie you are Looking very well.

Doug, Olesia, Bill, Eddie and Andrea that is an unbelievable amount of grapes to pick, kudos to you guys!

I learned my lesson picking crab apples. If a bee or a spider was going to bit me, it was going to bite through some gloves. Besides, I wanted the grapes to be very sterile
:h

I have to warn you... bill is talking about driving down Friday as well. Not looking forward to 14 hrs of driving alone .. i cant leave til 12:30 saturday due to Halloween and puppy class.

It's either all or none, Doug. The Mrs wants to come and pick that weekend too. So if you get me, you get her also for the entire drive.

Spent the morning so far getting everything ready for the crush today. Need to move the crusher to the driveway and then move the truck. Going to be a busy day...

Did an early morning trail run. Now it's time to start punchdowns and spend most of the day in the yard.

Took the afternoon off to crush, test and prep the muscadines that Doug, Olesia, Bill and Eddie picked for me! My basement is sooooo full of buckets, currently there is 14 buckets fermenting away!

Cleared and Stabilized the toasted caramel port style. Cleared and stabilized the blueberry wine. Tomorrow will clear and stabilize the peach wine.

1413245341736.jpg

1413245355870.jpg

Working on employee reviews. 2am and two more to go, but I'm on the forums. Writers block or procrastination... but I keep looking over at my wines that need racking and bottling. Sometimes this ADD thing really gets in way of getting work done. Did I mention I worked in the vineyard this weekend and I'm ready for the 50 new Blanc du bois and 20 more Black Spanish vines coming in late winter for planting. Oh and I'm drinking some 1 year old asian pear wine.

After crushing and adjusting sugar on 1300-1400 lbs of various Muscadines with Hokapsig, I did some housework and laundry. As my reward for a long day, I made myself and family a batch of Noble Muscadine Jelly. Ended up with 7 1/2 jars. It tastes oh so good... Will be making more of this as I'm freezing the rest that we set aside to eat..

My Zin is at 1.006. Everything is set up and sanitized and I'm about to head into the basement to press. :db

After crushing and adjusting sugar on 1300-1400 lbs of various Muscadines with Hokapsig, I did some housework and laundry. As my reward for a long day, I made myself and family a batch of Noble Muscadine Jelly. Ended up with 7 1/2 jars. It tastes oh so good... Will be making more of this as I'm freezing the rest that we set aside to eat..

ok, I'm officially jealous of you guys. Muscadine is my favorite wine and you'd think since I have a daughter living in North Carolina that she would find me a source of reasonably cheap Muscadine grapes...... but all she could come up with was $2.50 per pound. way too expensive to make wine.

ok, I'm officially jealous of you guys. Muscadine is my favorite wine and you'd think since I have a daughter living in North Carolina that she would find me a source of reasonably cheap Muscadine grapes...... but all she could come up with was $2.50 per pound. way too expensive to make wine.

what part of North Carolina?

Catawba, on Lake Norman.
I was planning a trip down there around harvest time to do some searching, and a few people on the list gave me some leads. Unfortunately, I lost my job AND we are going to settlement on our new house in Lewes Delaware TODAY. So my priorities changed
And the trip was cancelled..... but I'm still jealous.:ft

:UPDATE: I'm alive

:u:u:uYes I'm still alive just had a ton of things other than winemaking going on in my life. Doug,Olesia, and little bit(she's grown so much) it was awesome to get to see you all again. Also nice to get to meet Bill. It was funny it didn't seem like we was picking all that fast but guess we was. Anyway it was good to see friends again from up in the forbidden land lol. You guys know me I love to talk and its fun to talk to those oyu haven't seen in a long time. Guess I'm gonna have to get back to going on a wine making streak again as Gwen was saying so when are you picking us some you know I like your wine not store bought soooooooooooo, guess you all will be seeing my old aggravating tail in here again. Besides I've got friends on here I've kinda lost touch with. So get ready to start seeing me and my wild yeast post again lol. Oh Julie and Mike hope you get to come down would be nice to see you all again oh and don't worry you might can stand the heat it is only getting in 70's here lately.:b

oh reefman if you want grapes you can always have your girl come pick some for you with me, I'm not to dangerous besides I'm an old crip lol

Latest posts

Back