What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racked wine to carboy , ran to store with hubby, and then GNO!!!! went to see death at a funeral, and had a few drinks after with firends , was wonderful!!

hubby went to a HAM fest this morning and for same crazy reason came home with not 1, not 2, but 3!!! giger counters........why did we even need one??? because when the world comes to an end we must know where it is safe to live ***rolls eyes***

I just got back from my side job and should have charged my wifes friend a lot more! I did 2 other floors in her house and both floors before were nasty and riddled with staples and foam padding so before leaving last time I asked her to actually prep the floor for me like pulling up all the staples and she said she would and when I got there it was worse then ever, if she was not my wifes freind I would have turned around and walked out bu being as this was her freind and the last floor to be done I let it slide. I spent about 2 extra hours just cleaning up before actually getting to do what I was there for! :m

Feel for you Wade, been there done that. Finally put my foot down. Really pi&^%$ you off when the people are capable too.

I just got back from my side job and should have charged my wifes friend a lot more! I did 2 other floors in her house and both floors before were nasty and riddled with staples and foam padding so before leaving last time I asked her to actually prep the floor for me like pulling up all the staples and she said she would and when I got there it was worse then ever, if she was not my wifes freind I would have turned around and walked out bu being as this was her freind and the last floor to be done I let it slide. I spent about 2 extra hours just cleaning up before actually getting to do what I was there for! :m

Thats the way these jobs are you always run into problems you give some body aprice . you think its going to take acertain amount of hours and you spend extra time to do the job right. you can't charge them more because you gave them a price. Unless you give them a written contract. where you write in if i run into certain problems there will be an extra charge. but it was your wifes friend so can't do that. The important thing is you made some extra money and it took a little longer to do. So maybe you next side job will be a breeze.
carmine

Racked wine to carboy , ran to store with hubby, and then GNO!!!! went to see death at a funeral, and had a few drinks after with firends , was wonderful!!

hubby went to a HAM fest this morning and for same crazy reason came home with not 1, not 2, but 3!!! giger counters........why did we even need one??? because when the world comes to an end we must know where it is safe to live ***rolls eyes***

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm sure that a geiger counter will be very helpful... and you can use your HAM to contact other people to start a new civilization in a safe place...

Now if you can just convince him to build a "fall out shelter"... then turn it into a wine cellar (because wine will be safer to drink than the water, of course)...

Seriously girl, make this work for you! lmao :)

I can't believe my moron friend he broke another demi- jon full of wine yesterday. I told him to put those demis on rollers lastyear when he broke another demi- jon full of wine . Some people just donot listen they think they know every thing. I went there last night and brought over a 5 gallon bucket full of wine that was his any way that i fermented for him . I told him if he keeps the wine he should filter it because there glass inthe wine you think he will listen acourse not. I am definately not touching that wine when i go for a visit .
carmine

What size Demi? Anyone I know? I know someone who had friends over last night!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm sure that a geiger counter will be very helpful... and you can use your HAM to contact other people to start a new civilization in a safe place...

he and his HAM buddies are mad at me because i have no interest in it, and wont get my license. they told me that when the world ends there will be no computers online to chat on.....i told them when the world comes to an end, there wont be any FCC either so who cares if im licensed!!! ohhhh the dirty looks LMAO!!! but no one could argue with me LMAO!!!!

need to clean today, was up with reflux last ight and my allergies are kicking today so all i wanna do is lie around and whine LOL we shall see if it actually gets done ...

Im doing nothing today, I have sore muscles where I never knew muscles existed! I can barely get out of my recliner.

I just finished transferring my blueberry wine from bucket to carboy. Now I need to make a final decision on what to start next.

Bought my black currant bushes yesterday, I planted them in a bed where I have two tomato plants I bought last week. Last year this was my garden, but this year I'm turning it into black currant and raspberry beds. I did plant these two tomatoes though. The temp got down to about 36 last night here, and the currants did fine, but now the tomatoes are all wilted. It didn't frost, so I'm wondering if currants and tomatoes don't get along? Not going to plant tomatoes there next year, but I got lazy this year.

Ive been told that Black Currants are hardy to 28* and its gotten pretty close to that twice now and my currants are doing great. What type did you get, I have 5 Titanias and 13 Prince Consort.

I'm not sure of the specific variety. I searched several nurseries before finding one that had them. The tags just say "American Black Currant - Ribes Americanum". I picked out 6 of the healthiest looking ones. 5 of them have yellowish flowers on them.

Well I just got home from my Wine Club meeting @ Gino's. Pix to follow...

I just started 4 Chilean Juice buckets today, a Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, and a Carmenere.

I think my TA may be a little low, but I didn't adjust it at all because my PH levels were all 3.2 or 3.3 and I was afraid to make them too low. My TA levels were in the range of .42% to .51% if my calculations are right.

I used .2N NaOH to titrate a 15ml sample, and it used from 4.2 to 5.1 ml to reach a PH of 8.2. I'm not quite sure whether to try adjusting the levels or when I should do that, or which acid to use for that matter (acid blend or just one kind of acid?).

Here's what I worked on over the weekend. My son and I laid 450 sq ft of pavers. My AC unit will be disconnected today so I can finish up underneat it sometime this week.

New table and umbrella will be picked up this week, I'll get the rest of the junk from the yard over the weekend so we can start enjoying our new space.

DSC_6241_web.jpg

DSC_6239_web.jpg

DSC_6242_web.jpg

Back